Author Topic: DS material in Fangoria... and discussion of the John August Depp Shadows script  (Read 973 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Of interest to some of you. The article mentions Dana Gould, who Wikipedia tells me is a comedian. I'm not sure why this conversation has the epochal import Wallace describes in his blurb; I leave that to you, gentle reader, to discern.

http://www.collinsporthistoricalsociety.com/2019/06/dark-shadows-fall-on-fangoria-in-july.html

As the article states, the editor of Fangoria will be discussing the John August screenplay next month on the new Collinsport Historical Society podcast. For those curious about the original script, it should be an interesting discussion.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yes, it will be interesting to hear more about August's DS script. Though those hoping that it had a very different take than Seth Grahame-Smith's script need to recall that producer Richard D. Zanuck described August's script as "very funny." So... Although, even with that in mind, who knows because as we'll recall, August's script went through several rewrites at Burton and Depp's request even before Seth Grahame-Smith was brought on board, so who know which version Fangoria's editor may discuss?

Thanks for the heads up, Gothick.  [ghost_smiley]