Author Topic: Dennis Patrick Movie The Time Travelers On COMET  (Read 485 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Dennis Patrick Movie The Time Travelers On COMET
« on: May 19, 2019, 11:54:36 PM »
COMET will be showing The Time Travelers with Dennis Patrick at 2am ET on Monday.

I could have sworn that there was a topic about this movie but I couldn't find it. Perhaps it was one of the ones that got lost back in August/September 2017...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Patrick Movie The Time Travelers On COMET
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »
I just happened to catch the end of Desperately Seeking Susan this afternoon and I was shocked to see a clip from one of Dennis Patrick's grade B movies being screened by Aidan Quinn's character to an audience in a movie theater. I strongly suspect that it may have even been a clip from this film. It went by so fast that I couldn't tell with absolute certainty. But it was definitely a Sci-Fi film, which this is, and it looked like actor John Hoyt was also in the clip, and both Patrick and Hoyt appear in this film, so...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 12:35:17 AM »
I checked the Wikipedia entry for Desperately Seeking Susan and you were absolutely correct, MB. Good work!
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 02:01:48 AM »
You know what's funny, I never saw Desperately Seeking Susan in the theater when it came out, but I did see it on TV, but I have no memory whatsoever of the Dennis Patrick clip popping up and it's really next to impossible not to recognize him when the clip comes on screen. I wonder if the scene in which the clip shows up was cut for time? Today I caught the end of DSS on ThisTV and I don't think they edit the films they show (though they do blur nudity and silence expletives).

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:52:15 PM »
ThisTV showed Desperately Seeking Susan again at 8:30 last night so I recorded it so that I could share how The Time Travelers shows up in the film:

I was tempted to let Madonna's Into The Groove play out since it's one of my favorite songs of hers and the version in the film is different from the version she released. But this isn't a Madonna topic, so...