Author Topic: Is this true or are they mistaken?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Is this true or are they mistaken?
« on: May 06, 2019, 02:10:15 AM »
Once blind, now she sees

Maybe I have read about Seaview Terrace having been used in the manner this article claims. Though if I have, I honestly don't remember...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: Is this true or are they mistaken?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:13 AM »
No MB, it's not Sea view Terrace. In looking up Thornfield Hall, the house is in Thompson Ct. What got the story going was a mention in the Thompson Historical Society newsletter  back in 2003 that the house was used in Dark Shadows. A follow up article in the 2012 newsletter because of the Depp movie mentions it again but says research was done and it was unlikely that it was the correct house. (No kidding.) You can look up Thompson Historical Society and find the link to the Dark Shadows mention and the source for the urban legend. But a nice story about the woman nonetheless.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Is this true or are they mistaken?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »
Thanks so much for clearing that up, patrick.  [ghost_smiley]  What the article was claiming did seem like it was off. Though the sad thing is people who read the article and who don't know it got the facts wrong will believe it. But then it'll just be yet another urban myth somehow related to DS.  [ghost_rolleyes]