Author Topic: CollinWiki update!  (Read 2377 times)

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
CollinWiki update!
« on: November 18, 2005, 05:30:29 PM »
Well, I'm 1/49th done my work on the original series of Dark Shadows.  Woohoo!  I've finished most of the work on the first 25 episodes, so far for the Dark Shadows Encyclopedia and it's looking pretty good.  Along with the other work done so far by some of the other editors, we've got a total of 35 of the episode articles begun, plus Brian Kurtz has done some excellent work with the Innovation comics and Marilyn Ross novels.  Altogether there are over 320 articles begun in just over two months!  If you haven't checked it out yet, be sure to visit CollinWiki.  We're hoping for as many contributors as possible.
Help us create the ultimate  Dark Shadows EncyclopediaLearn everything there is to know about the world of Dark Shadows at the CollinWiki!

http://darkshadows.wikicities.com

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: CollinWiki update!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 08:09:23 PM »
Hi ProudDog Welcome to the DS Forum not sure if i've seen your name
before.    Thanks for the info.    Love Anne
:-* ;D :D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 07:25:31 AM »
Thanks Annie.  I've been coming here for a few years, but didn't start posting until recently when I decided to create the Dark Shadows wiki and wanted to share it with everyone.

... And it's proudHUG, btw. ;)
Help us create the ultimate  Dark Shadows EncyclopediaLearn everything there is to know about the world of Dark Shadows at the CollinWiki!

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 01:59:58 PM »
Sorry about that ProudHug i really am geez i feel bad about mispelling your name.
                                      Love Anne USA :'(
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 03:19:51 PM »
Congratulations Proudhug!
Your page will be a great resource for
Dark Shadows fans :)
Julianka

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »
It's looking very good, ProudHug. Looks like you're dragging the old text DS Faq into the 21st century. ;)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 03:30:34 AM »
Your wiki is really coming along proudhug, you must be very "proud" of it, I corrected a couple of typos but haven't added anything to it otherwise. I enjoy going there and watching your progress.

Misa

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 06:08:05 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.  It really means a lot.  And a big thanks to everyone who's contributed to CollinWiki so far, even if it's just adding a missing comma; it's all important.  The more people who join in, the faster we'll get this ball rolling.  Although I did create the webpage and have so far contributed the majority of the information found therein, I don't want to think of it as my site.  A wiki belongs to no one person but rather a community.  It's true, I am very "proud" of the site so far, but nowhere is the site referred to as "Proudhug's CollinWiki".  All first person references are pluralized, and I even encourage others to add/edit/change the "important" pages on the site.  I look forward to a day when I can go to the site to look something up I need to know.

Now, I by no means mean to knock any of the amazing reference works done by many other fans and writers, but I (not-so-modestly) aspire for CollinWiki to become the source for information on all aspects of Dark Shadows, in one easy-to-use location.  It certainly won't supplant everything of course, and I wouldn't want it to, but it can make for a good quick-check site, or even a long, fun leasurely read.  Obviously, the wiki-nature of the site creates the possibility of some unreliable information, but I trust with some good editors and admins this can be largely prevented.

I'm very excited about this project and I'm extremely grateful for not only those who've contributed so far, but also for those who share in my excitement and plan to visit regularly.  Not only am I new to the whole wiki thing though, I'm still relatively new to Dark Shadows itself, so I'm desperately hoping for some of the more seasoned experts to help us out and expand our group of editors.  Most of us have been talking about Dark Shadows for years and still haven't run out of topics to discuss, and ColliWiki gives us a chance to all contribute to the DS community in a new way.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 06:45:31 AM »
Here's a quick thought, but you'd have to do a little research with this, I'm not sure.

Have you thought about adding a section for fanfiction?

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 01:03:29 PM »
Proudhug, your project sounds marvelous - quite ambitious!  I look forward to watching your progress and all the updates.

Nancy

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 03:17:39 AM »
Here's a quick thought, but you'd have to do a little research with this, I'm not sure.

Have you thought about adding a section for fanfiction?

I'm not sure what you mean.  CollinWiki is an encyclopedia for facts on Dark Shadows, so I'm unsure how fanfiction would fit into its format.

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »
Wow, we've got over 600 articles on the site now.  That's amazing!  What's even more amazing is that we've barely even just begun!

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 03:40:11 AM »
666 articles at CollinWiki!

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 06:13:13 AM »
Updated the Dreams of the Dark section. Needs a bit of cleaning up, but it's late, I'm tired, and I'll get to it tomorrow. For my author stuff, I copied and pasted the Wikipedia entry and axed a bunch of code.

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 06:16:04 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that and made a comment about it in the discussion page.  I'm not sure what our policy should be on copying stuff from Wikipedia.  Did you write the book synopses or is it c/p from somewhere else?