Author Topic: OT - Theater Of Blood on COMET today  (Read 732 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OT - Theater Of Blood on COMET today
« on: March 02, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »
This has absolutely no connection to DS, but I noticed that one of my favorite Vincent Price movies, Theater Of Blood is on COMET today at 6pm ET. And it certainly doesn't hurt that Diana Rigg plays his daughter.

I highly recommend it if you've never seen it - or even if you just want to revisit it, which I will be doing...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: OT - Theater Of Blood on COMET today
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
Wonderful film. There is kind of a roundabout connection in that Edward Lionheart (played by Vincent Price) seems like the kind of actor who would have been right at home at Collinwood.

Ian Hendry, who played John Steed's original partner on THE AVENGERS, is also on board. A couple of years ago, another of Ian's missing episodes, "Tunnel of Fear," was found and issued on DVD in the UK. Although Ian and Diana have scenes together in THEATRE OF BLOOD, they never worked together on THE AVENGERS.

G.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
Vincent Price loved having the opportunity to portray a number of characters from Shakespeare in this movie. I showed it for Halloween at my library a few years ago. I think the satire was lost on a few of the attendees ... I loved the poster or promotional artwork for the film which showed a languid young man in an Elizabethan setting, reminiscent of artwork I've seen for Shakespeare's sonnets.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 06:58:34 AM »
Masterpiece was showing previews for upcoming shows and in January there will be "All Creatures Great and Small" (I don't know why they keep doing new versions of things they've already done - there are loads of other things to do!  Although it turns out the original one of this was from back in 1978!!).  Anyway, it turns out Diana Rigg is in it!  It will certainly be nice having a chance to see her again.
Josette