Author Topic: Sadly, I see where...  (Read 530 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Sadly, I see where...
« on: February 20, 2019, 02:46:00 AM »
...Designer/Photographer Karl Lagerfeld has passed away. Gone are any hopes that if there ever is a new DS TV series, he could be the photographer to spearhead a publicity campaign for it, as I'd suggested with the '04 WB pilot (thanks to a post/concept by our very own Philippe Codier/Vlad):

(Photo: Karl Lagerfeld. Concept: inspired by Vlad)

[snow_laugh]

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Sadly, I see where...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:16:45 PM »
It's always good to receive credit where it's due, but I confess I have no idea where my inspiration lies here ... could it be ... yes, yes, I suppose I *did* somewhat resemble the model in the ad in my youth  [snow_laugh]

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Sadly, I see where...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 06:18:38 PM »
How quickly you forget. Well, not so quickly because it was back in 2004.  [snow_wink]  But go back to this post -
- and read through reply #313. And as further reference, atop the post with the above graphic of Jason Shaw I'd written -
Vlad's most recent post (in the WB ODERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT) about Jason Shaw's casting as Joe Haskell got me to thinking. Haven't we had enough of the comely heroine, dressed in the flowing nightie, holding the lit candelabra type of ad campaigns to promote DS? Why not go for something bolder, sexier? And when you've got someone like Jason Shaw as one of your stars, why not use his, er, attributes to their greatest advantage? Right?

So, I present to you one of the possible ads the WB might want to consider using to promote DS:
- but didn't include that here.