Author Topic: Thayer David in Nero Wolf  (Read 618 times)

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Thayer David in Nero Wolf
« on: April 12, 2002, 07:34:20 PM »
I heard on the Sci-Fi station this morning during DS that A&E (Arts and Entertainment channel) is bringing Nero Wolf to its line up soon. 8)

That is the one Thayer David was in I believe.  I read a post here yesterday mentioning that but couldn't find it before this post.

I hope I'm right and not imagining this.  ::) :-[
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Thayer David in Nero Wolf
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 10:08:22 PM »
Hi Donna,
Sorry to say, this Nero Wolfe series is a continuation of a more recent one, featuring Canadian character actor Maury Chaykin in the lead role of Nero Wolfe (which Thayer David played in the 1978 telefilm).

There is kind of a "semi" DS connection with this series because the role of Nero Wolfe's French chef is played by another great Canadian actor, Colin Fox.  If any of you out there remember "Canada's answer to Dark Shadows," a show called Strange Paradise, Colin Fox played the lead dual role of Jean-Paul Desmond, "richests man in the world," and his evil ancestor, Jacques-Eloi des Mondes.  Colin's role on Wolfe is well worth checking out--some marvelously deft touches of comedy.  Otherwise, I don't find the series terribly inspiring, I am afraid.

There are these websites, I think one of them is called "TVMinder," where you can type in the title of a movie and they will notify you if it is going to be broadcast.  Of course you'll get notified every week about the A & E series since it is the same title. It would be great if the Thayer David Wolfe film were shown by one of the channels.

Steve