Author Topic: HAPPY HALLOWEEN - BOO!  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
HAPPY HALLOWEEN - BOO!
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:36:16 PM »
[dancing_skeleton]
Just HAD to have Monsieur Dancez-Skeleton.

Hope everyone has a safe & fun Halloween!
Patti  [bonny_hand]
What a Woman!

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN - BOO!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 04:00:24 PM »
 [hall2_smiley] [dancing_skeletons] [hall2_smiley]
Our town let the Trick or Trickers roam on saturday night.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!
Julianka
 [Bat]  [_Vampire_] [vampsmiley] [Witch_Potion_Animated] [Wolfie]   [frankie] [frkoff]

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 07:12:40 PM »
     I have a scary halloween story. The town nearby by has their own "Rev. Trask".  He says we are all paying homage to evil by letting our children trick or treat.   Of course, he is the same nut who gathered his followers in the park to burn "Harry Potter" books but the city refused to give them a burn permit.  They showed up anyway but brought scissors instead.  A bunch of local librarians showed up to counter protest the destruction of books(Go get'm, librarians. They are a feisty bunch when riled up.)
     My son and I intend to go out in evil costumes.  My son has a smiley face mask and I am wearing a bright orange sweatshirt with a kitty on it saying "Got Candy?".  We will collect as much evil candy as his evil bucket will carry and eat it until our evil tummies burst. [hall2_shocked] [hall2_tongue] 
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 08:36:35 PM »
     My son and I intend to go out in evil costumes.  My son has a smiley face mask and I am wearing a bright orange sweatshirt with a kitty on it saying "Got Candy?".

No! No! No! How can you dress up in such depravity?! Don't you know that dressing in smiley faces and kitties can lead to - ulp - dressing as bunnies [bunny] - the most hideous costumes of all!!  [wow]  [shockeyes]  I mean, just ask Anya of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57:43 PM »
Happy Halloween!  I love these crazy Halloween er..."smilies"   [candle_in_skull_2] [skull_winks]
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:33:40 AM »
 [female_skull] [skull_winks]

Have a wonderfully fun spook filled night. [dancing_skeleton]

[bonny_hand]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 02:02:28 AM »
happy halloween everyone!

[vampy] [zoom] [spidr] [blackbat] [blackwidow] [Witch00]

there are just not enough opportunities to use the 'scary' smilies.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 04:35:48 AM »
I love the skull with the long hair and flashing eyes. It's creepy looking.  [hall2_wink]

Our neighborhood was dead this year, but that's no different from last, the year before, etc... When I was a kid, I used to go to my friends' neighborhoods because more people gave out candy and there were more kids around. Surpisingly, the very, very small town I lived in for a year had more trick-or-treaters on Halloween than the place I live in currently, and I'm in the middle of a heavily populated area.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 04:59:26 AM »
I love the skull with the long hair and flashing eyes. It's creepy looking.

I really like that one too. It reminds a lot of the second NoDS poster design:

Our neighborhood was dead this year, but that's no different from last, the year before, etc... When I was a kid, I used to go to my friends' neighborhoods because more people gave out candy and there were more kids around. Surpisingly, the very, very small town I lived in for a year had more trick-or-treaters on Halloween than the place I live in currently, and I'm in the middle of a heavily populated area.

Same here. Sadly, thanks to the idiot wackos who put razor blades in apples and who knows what other terrible things in candy, today's kids have been robbed of a lot of the fun Halloween was when we were kids.  [hall2_cry]  Sure, they can still have fun at house and school parties, but it's just not the same as trick or treating from house to house.  [hall2_sad]

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 05:35:52 AM »
Our town let the kids trick or treat on saturday this year.
Our family tradition is to have crock pots full of chili, chips, salsa
and gooey cheese so anyone can eat whenever they are hungry or come in.
We watch old movies and all love seeing the kids in costume. We had over 90
kids and grown ups stop by for treats this year. 2 of the most unusual were
one boy dressed as the Pope. and one little tyke dressed as a pilot with a
blow up plane around his waist complete with lights!
We carve elaberate pumpkins and play games. Halloween has to be my favorite
holiday  [hall2_cheesy]
Julianka

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 04:13:51 PM »
     We had 200 kids show up!  Some people that live in more rural areas(few street lights and no sidewalks)drive to my area to trick or treat.  I bought three of the huge bags(100plus) and have only one left.  I get to see my neighbors and say "hi " to them at least once a year.  My son memorized his candy stash so I guess I won't be sneaking any of that. ;)
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »
Did anyone else get the Hallmark box that looks like a huge Book of Spells?   When you open the cover, an animatronic witch's voice cackles and says one of several different things.

Everyone who came to my house oooohhhdd and aaahhhddd over this thing.  Not one person had seen it anywhere else.  [hdscrt]  How is that possible with a Hallmark product?

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 06:07:53 PM »
Ya know, I thought I was finally done with all this Halloween stuff.... But NOOOOOOO.
Both my boys wanted costumes this year.  My 11-year old wanted this "Big Daddy" costume - purple, shiny pants and top, pimpish looking hat with a feather in it, gold chain with a huge glittery $ sign hanging from it, and big ring with $ sign on it.  "I wanna be a pimp", he said.   ::)

My 14-year-old couldn't find a particular mask he wanted, then spotted a penis costume.  (You believe this??)  I said,  "Absolutely NOT!"

I give up.
I'm tellin' ya.......television is the root of all evil.

:-

PS  At the costume store there was a mask that looked exactly like the aged Barnabas -- even the wisps of hair on top.  I didn't see it close up, but it looked like it had fangs.  I swear it really looked like him at age 175.  If it wasn't so expensive I would have bought it!
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 07:36:22 PM »
PS  At the costume store there was a mask that looked exactly like the aged Barnabas -- even the wisps of hair on top.  I didn't see it close up, but it looked like it had fangs.  I swear it really looked like him at age 175.  If it wasn't so expensive I would have bought it!

It probably was the "Barnabus" mask.  There are links to photos of it in this post:

Re: Halloween Offering

Offline Mary Elizabeth

• now you have entered my bleak universe-B.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 08:00:18 PM »
i just want to know, is it just me or does Hallween seem extremely different from when you were out trick or treating. I had 0 trick-or-treaters. My husband was so disappointed. I remember going all over town for Candy on Halloweeen, trick-or-treating for hours. watching scary movies on tv, going to haunted houses, dressing in costumes at school. there was nothing like that this year. Not even the big baptist church in the middle of town had their annual "Fall house of horrors" (I don't think they ever used the word Halloween) and since when is Halloween such a bad word anyway?
Halloween was always such a fun Holiday for me, just seems as if it's slowly losing it's magic over the years? anyone else agree? :-[
How do you like my Darkness Now?