Author Topic: Frederick Thorn?  (Read 834 times)

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
Frederick Thorn?
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:14:06 AM »
Early on in the Leviathan storyline, Julia hypnotizes "Grant Douglass" to discover his true identity, but she learns nothing but the name "Frederick Thorn."  This plot particle is not followed up in later episodes, and I was wondering what this could be referring to...maybe Petofi (considering "Grant's" apparent fear of Thorn)?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Thorn?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 05:22:18 PM »
Hi Andre,

if memory serves, Frederick Thorne turns out to be one of the aliases Quentin had adopted over his century of perpetual youthfulness to forestall what might be called the "Dorian Gray syndrome."  I think Thorn was Quentin's persona during the 1940s.  There's an episode if you keep watching where Julia finds something, maybe a driver's license, that Q had when he was Thorne.

I just love the early Leviathan storyline.

G.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 08:59:43 PM »
Whoa, thanks, Gothick!  I never caught that before.  I had always wondered who this "Thorne" character was.  I will definitely keep on watching.  Early Leviathan is creepier and more nuanced with each viewing--and Julia is in almost every one of these episodes from DVD set 18, so that makes everything so much better!

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 10:32:53 PM »
I remember wondering about Frederick Thorn as well. It would've been interesting to find out more about Quentin's life during 1897 and 1969.

Quentin's appearance in the Leviathans was refreshing to me, something to keep me interested. The many scenes at the antique shop did not manage that. I really enjoyed the return of Quentin and Chris & Julia working with him. Even Olivia Corey didn't prevent me from being glad to see Quentin. It's a shame that Quentin's so underused in the present time though. I just don't understand why they didn't give him more to do.