Author Topic: Today's Montage Quote  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Today's Montage Quote
« on: December 17, 2018, 02:45:08 PM »
Today (Monday, 12/17/18), Barn, "As duty often does...."

Is that from OS?

Can you put it in context for me?

Thanks!

Patti  [santa_thumb]

PS, 2nd part, "But I'm Glad You Came" is close to Pearl Jam's, "But I'm Glad You're Here" from "I'm Still Alive'!!
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Montage Quote
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:12:28 AM »
The montage at the top of this board is for the WB's '04 DS pilot. Clicking on this link -

Re: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow

- and reading a few posts, including that one, will put today's quote into perspective.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:26:46 AM »
[4269]

I believe this has been asked, but I don't remember;

Is the '04 pilot on YouTube to watch for free?

What would I put in the search parameter(s)?

Merci,

Trishtheknish
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »
I don't see it on YT currently. Perhaps it will come back.

You might enjoy this one: "Dark Shadows: The Lost Episode," featuring Daryl Schafer and friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKPS3rr_47o

Holiday cheer,

GothEEEEEEEEEK

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 10:12:02 PM »
Hi again, Patti,

Try this link.

https://archive.org/details/youtube-Kc4QPTHNC2I

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
OMG - do TPTB know it has been archived??!!

[santa_azn]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 05:21:27 AM »
LOL. Do they know indeed--and does anyone other than certain individuals really care?

Perhaps it is all the work of that most dreaded entity-the Hand of Count Petofi on the Shelf!

Happy Holidays!  G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 05:36:28 AM »
I don't think there has still been any news of a release date for that DVD. Has there??

What a fool I was to think it would "certainly" be out by Halloween! And now it's missed the holiday retail season, too.

But far be it from me to presume that anyone in a certain org actually knows what they're doing...

cheers, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 04:50:25 PM »
does anyone other than certain individuals really care?

Well, it's nice to know that the pilot will seemingly always be available in the archive because I've never heard of anything being deleted from the archive. Though perhaps those certain individuals could figure out how to get it done...

Perhaps it is all the work of that most dreaded entity-the Hand of Count Petofi on the Shelf!

[santa_cheesy]  I wouldn't be surprised!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »
I don't think there has still been any news of a release date for that DVD. Has there??

Not that I'm aware. And I'm sure if anyone heard about a release date, they would share it.

What a fool I was to think it would "certainly" be out by Halloween! And now it's missed the holiday retail season, too.

But far be it from me to presume that anyone in a certain org actually knows what they're doing...

You weren't being a fool - you were thinking like someone who actually does know what they're doing when it comes to marketing promised DS merchandise...

Though given the delays in the past with some merchandise, one can easily suspect there might be some sort of issue with the release and that's what's holding it up. One would presume any such issues would have been handled prior to the documentary being shown publicly. But as we've seen with past merchandise, dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's hasn't always been the case.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 01:47:43 AM »
When, oh, when, is you-know-who going to get it in his thick skull that, while we DS fans are a formidable lot, we don't have the drawing power anymore of other cult franchise things like ST, SW and DW ("Dr. Who") among others.  We are aging.  For crying out loud, those of us who grew up watching the OS are rapidly approaching SS benefits and Medicare or are already recipients of it all.  It's not like we have the cash flow to buy a DVD or bluray (however it's spelled) that grossly overpriced.  And many of us don't "stream."  And there are few "yungin's" who've discovered DS in all its formats and varieties being drawn into it. 

Decades ago, DS annual national conventions and local confabs drew thousands, if not tens-of-thousands, attendants.  Today, if they go on, draw a few hundred if that much.  We're loyal and we put the "fanatic" in fan, but It's not like we're cash-cows.  DCP had a good run.  It's over.  Dan Curtis is dead.  He passed on what he earned to his family.  Enjoy it, but nothing more is coming. 

So, you-know-who, give it up.  You're not going to continue earning a living by calling out an army of lawyers to threaten people who put things on youtube, including the '04 version.  It failed to be picked up.  No one's interested in it but us DS fans and we're not going to shuck out $99.99 for a disc.  We have to keep the lights on and buy groceries.  And many, many, many of us have downloaded or linked the '04 pilot and there's nothing you can do about it.  So just let it go. 

Let it go, you-know-who, and find some other client who'll make you money by not letting fans see things on-line.  Maybe the people who made Manimal are trying to find some way to force fans to empty their wallets for a disc.  We DS fans found ways around you, and you won't chase us down, so let it go.

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 04:04:14 AM »

I'll buy that!

Patti
What a Woman!