Author Topic: OT: David Selby and Mitch Ryan on Family  (Read 466 times)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
OT: David Selby and Mitch Ryan on Family
« on: December 03, 2018, 04:01:49 PM »
Decades will be running a Family binge with 2 episodes of Dark Shadows alumni. David Selby's episode entitled More than Friends will air on Saturday December 22 at 11PM. Then Mitch Ryan's episode entitled Expectations will air Sunday December 23 at 11AM.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: David Selby and Mitch Ryan on Family
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:16:51 PM »
I would love to see these - especially Selby's because I haven't seen it since it originally aired - but alas I no longer have Decades.

But thanks for the heads up, patrick.  [santa_smiley]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: OT: David Selby and Mitch Ryan on Family
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 06:30:54 AM »
Just watched David's episode. While I was never crazy about the series, It was fun seeing him in a major role. David played a college writing teacher who was coaching Willie on his script writing and started dating his sister Nancy. When David got critical and snarky over both the script quality and his abilities, it devastated Willie enough to want to give up writing and cause friction that Nancy didn't want to see him anymore. At the conclusion, turns out David's character was actually projecting his own failure as a playwright and after explaining things to Willie, Nancy decided to go out with him again. David looked quite comfortable in the role and almost looked like he just walked off the set of Night of Dark Shadows - plus he got to smooch with Meredith Baxter. [santa_thumb]