Author Topic: Behind-The-Scenes Of ‘Dark Shadows,’ Television’s Only Horror Soap Opera (EXCLUSIVE)  (Read 694 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Behind-The-Scenes Of ‘Dark Shadows,’ Television’s Only Horror Soap Opera (EXCLUSIVE)

I'm not sure I've ever seen the photo of David and Barnabas. There are multiple versions, but I'm almost certain that in all the versions I've seen David is looking at Barnabas...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Nice to see.

Memory cheats but I honestly don't recall ever being confused about what was happening on the show. I have read that the writers and everyone else got confused. I finally understood that when it was explained in the PomPress books that they regularly taped the shows way out of order.

Also, this article repeats the standard story that the plug was pulled by the network because of low ratings, when in fact the ratings were going up again in the final couple of months. As I have noted many times in the past, my personal view was the Dan Curtis himself told the network he was done. Of course, just how he got them to agree to that since presumably he was under contract to produce the show for them, is a mystery I doubt we will ever solve--minus help from the I Ching wands, of course.

G.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
We've all heard the stories about how the writers would go grab fans camped outside the studios when they needed "help" with the story continuity, but (nothing against the great writers) that does seems pretty inept for writers not to even keep up with the details of their own show... Not being forward thinking enough to realize there was syndication for the next 50 years!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Have any of "the studio kids" ever confirmed that?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Well, I finally have the 'MeTV' network, but not the above mentioned. I couldn't stay up to watch that late.

There's a pic of Barn half in/out of a car, with throngs of fans getting near him.

A lot of you have mentioned you were teens when the series originally ran.

Did anyone ever go to see Barn or Quentin (promo)?

Patti
What a Woman!