Author Topic: A Haunting Observation  (Read 553 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
A Haunting Observation
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:29:22 PM »
I was so thrilled the other day when I noticed that one of my On Demand cable film selections this month is none other than the 1963 version of The Haunting.  I tried to watch it Saturday night but started it so late I didn't quite make it through.  I was much more sucessful on Sunday.  I have to say, it is definately farrrrrr superior to the over the top special effects extravaganza version made a few years ago.  For haunted house story fans who haven't ever seen it; this is one of THE best I've ever seen on film and I hightly recommend it.  I know I'm not telling most of you anything new.   [hall2_smiley]

And for those of you who enjoy semi-odd coicidences there is a kind of humorus DS connection too.  It seems that the traveling afghan - the one that managed to make it into nearly every time period and storyline during the 5 year run of our favorite TV show actually made a pre-DS appearance!  Yes, though the film is in B&W I would be willing to bet the tower room that what I saw hanging over the back of a chair in creepy old Hill House was nothing less than one of those colorful granny square afghans!  For a minute I really thought I was seeing things!   [hall2_shocked]

Any way, I just thought I'd share that with all of you and give fans of DS and The Haunting something to look for the next time you happen to see the film.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad