Author Topic: Thayer David on The Wild Wild West  (Read 730 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thayer David on The Wild Wild West
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »
I also just noticed that Thayer David's ep of The Wild Wild West, The Night of the Samurai (he did two eps of the show) is on MeTV today at 6pm ET. Thayer is excellent in it. But then, when isn't he excellent?! (Plus you won't need Kleenex for this one.  [ghost_nowink])

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Thayer David on The Wild Wild West
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:39:08 AM »
That's a really fun role for Thayer. One of his better TV appearances with a good script.

On a rather obliquely related topic, thanks to a friend I learned that the "This TV" network has come to the Boston area. I think it is another of these channels with a mixture of retro programming and movies. I just looked at the website for the channel. They are currently running the Honor Blackman episodes of THE AVENGERS in their 5 to 7 a.m. morning slot (they run 2 episodes each weekday morning) as well as episodes of Roger Moore's THE SAINT, The Patty Duke Show, and other programming.

I don't know if "This" has replaced "Me" or "Decades" here. It may have done.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:19:01 AM »
This TV has actually been available in Boston over the air (meaning with an antenna) for a few years now, but not all cable companies have been providing it (luckily mine has been). So, it could be the case that your friend's and your cable company recently picked it up.

I almost never check out my DVR's schedule to see what's on between 5am and 7am so I was completely unaware that the Honor Blackman eps of The Avengers have been on. Thanks so much for the heads up!  [ghost_smiley]  I've already programmed my DVR to record them.  [ghost_wink]

As for Thayer, I watched his ep today after not having seen it in years. I'd completely forgotten how in several ways his performance foreshadows how Thayer would interpret Petofi. Hannibal Egloff, his TWWW character in the ep, and Petofi definitely share some of the exact same mannerisms.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:41:50 AM »
This TV is just another retro channel.  One of our local broadcast stations has This as it's secondary channel, one has MeTV, and the third used to have Decades, now switched to Start.
Josette

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »
I'm sure that this has come up before but there was an episode of The Wild, Wild West where two of the guest characters were named Angelique and Miss Collingwood.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 04:01:51 PM »
MB, I hope you enjoy whatever you are able to watch of the Honor Blackman AVENGERS shows. I've become quite fond of them over the years. I think you may have missed one of my favorite episodes, "Warlock." It is the only story they ever did that involved a case of what was suggested to have been genuine occult activity. Guest star Peter Arne would have fit right in on DS.

I have stopped paying any attention at all to broadcast TV so for all I know, that "channel" (or whatever it should be called???) may have been available here for years. I only know about these things when a friend or co-worker mentions it in conversation.

Another friend said that the American horror show serial "Apocalypse" is doing a Witches vs Warlocks fighting it out to the death and the fate of the ENTIRE UNIVERSE hangs in the balance (yawn)... it did make me think of our favorite Witch throwing shade at our favorite Warlock...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 01:04:45 AM »
I think you may have missed one of my favorite episodes, "Warlock." It is the only story they ever did that involved a case of what was suggested to have been genuine occult activity.

I just noticed that Warlock is Thursday's 6:30am ep...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 03:40:28 AM »
Oh good! I hope you are able to see "Warlock."

Best, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 08:12:48 PM »
MB, I hope you enjoy whatever you are able to watch of the Honor Blackman AVENGERS shows.

I see where Honor Blackman has passed away:

Honor Blackman, Star of 'The Avengers' and 'Goldfinger,' Dies at 94