Author Topic: OT: CRUISE INTO TERROR (1978)  (Read 345 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
OT: CRUISE INTO TERROR (1978)
« on: October 05, 2018, 03:47:18 AM »
I'm watching this 1978 TV movie, CRUISE INTO TERROR, about the discovery of an ancient Egyptian sarcophagus by a troubled ship in the Gulf of Mexico. The dialogue is hilariously bad but the movie does boast a wonderful score by Gerald Fried (who I think composed for STAR TREK--some of the leit-motifs sound familiar) and a fun cast including such familiar faces as Hugh O'Brian, Lee Meriwether, John Forsythe, and Stella Stevens. Ray Milland as a professor looks and sounds so much like Sam Hall that I figured I had to post about the film on here. I wonder whether Grayson ever commented on the resemblance.

Ray Milland appears in several other Seventies tv-movies that are available on Youtube, including BLACK NOON with Yvette Mimieux and the deliciously awful LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED TO ROSEMARY'S BABY (with Tina Louise as a retired madam who is also some kind of High Priestess of Satan).

Link for CRUISE INTO TERROR--warning, this seems to be have digitized from a home recorded VHS tape; the picture is grainy and blurred. Reminiscent of watching one of these on a UHF station with foil-wrapped rabbit ears as we used to do for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SdqY8nbcAc&index=7&list=PL8VpLcXt2Cdl1ASk7phwGBJOXO-XTulQX&t=0s

G.