Author Topic: A DS Reference That I Absolutely Love!  (Read 798 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A DS Reference That I Absolutely Love!
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:30:22 PM »
(Even if he does get the year wrong.  [hall2_rolleyes])

From times-standard.com:

Naturally, I won't be going to see "The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial" theatrical presentation, Tuesday and Wednesday at HSU. Even though in it Ed Asner (Yes! THAT Ed Asner: champion for human rights and Mary Tyler Moore's one-time television news pimp) and the irrepressible Marsha Mason (Forget her made-for-TV movies! She's a National Treasure! Not because of "Cinderella Liberty" or "The Goodbye Girl." Not even for her comedic genius and BIG-SUNGLASSES acting displayed in "Drop Dead Fred." Surely not! But because she once played a vampire in 1966 on the feral, first and final gloomy daytime soap opera "Dark Shadows." For that reason alone, I hereby decry her to be an icon of universal carnal worship for pagans and pussies alike) take the stage.

If you're wondering why the author won't be attending the shows, check out the entire article: HOMEBODY (I won't be attending for one reason or another)
(But be forewarned that it's partly based on religious grounds that might conflict with your own.)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: A DS Reference That I Absolutely Love!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:12:15 AM »

This quote amuses me.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 01:56:12 AM »
And they aren't a member here why? XD

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 05:58:49 PM »
 [hall2_rolleyes] I'm always quite amused that Marsha Mason's "blink and you might miss it" appearence as a vampire during the Levaithan story, a dream sequence no less, is so often brought up. Its almost like reading one of those poorly researched references on DS in article or books that say something like, "The campy series starred Jonathan Frid,Grayson Hall and future TV sitcom stars Barnard Hughes, Abe Vigoda and Conrad Bain...". (emphasis on STARRED)  I guess for many of us, she's simply a curious footnote, like Harvey Keitel being a Blue Whale dancer/patron twice. The one thing hardly anyone mention is that after the "dream" is over, you can clearly see her arm sticking out from behind the Old House curtains!

King of Swamp Castle"Son, one day all this will be yours..." (gesturing toward castle window)
 Prince 'erbert "Wot, the curtains?"
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Michael  [hall_rolleyes]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul