Author Topic: OT<Fearless Vampire  (Read 853 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT<Fearless Vampire
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:03:12 PM »
I see tomorrow (Fri) on TCM @ 11:15a.m., there is a movie titled "Fearless Vampire". It states its a Roman Polanski spoof of horror films. Interesting little side note, one of the characters names is Magda. The film was released in 1967, so you have to wonder if someone was watching.... [hall2_wink]

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT<Fearless Vampire
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 03:30:26 PM »
It's "Fearless Vampire Killers."  Looking forward to seeing it!  That's Eastern time, btw.

If you search the Forums for the full title (in quotes), you'll find at least a couple of more ties to DS.   [hall2_tongue]

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 03:31:54 PM »
I'm quite fond of Fearless Vampire Killers!  The scenery is so cold-looking and beautiful.  And Alfie Bass as Shagal the inkeeper is totally hilarious!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 07:22:39 PM »
OMG...what a STINKO movie.
One scene in beginning, they were chasing the first victim...Xander would've been helpful.

But, a couple of chortles; I didn't get to see the first few minutes (dealing with my 3 yr old...talk about 'horror'!), so I wasn't sure what country it took place in. To me, it seemed the innskeeper & his wife sounded yiddish, then a few scenes later (the innskeeper is a vamp now), a SYT holds a crucifix up to repel him, to which he retorts,"Boy did you pick the wrong thing!" (Hope Robin V gets to watch this!)

The vampire's son...he's a hoot & 3/8ths.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 07:46:27 PM »
I'm definitely in the "Fearless Vamps" club.  I don't know, it just ... tickles my fancy!  My favorite parts are the scenes with Ferdy Mayne (Count Krolock) and the actor who plays his son (who was also in the Sixties cult film Wonderwall, with which George Harrison was also involved), and the whole Vampire Ball sequence.  I love the sets and photography, too, and the music is very unusual.  The sequence with the ancient vampires leaving their tombs still gives me shivers.

G.