Author Topic: My, How Times Change For Vicki...  (Read 607 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
My, How Times Change For Vicki...
« on: September 24, 2018, 02:06:12 AM »
On the September 23rd ep in 1966 -

1966: Ep #65 - Vicki wonders if Burke has come to accuse
Roger of being involved in Bill's death.

- but by September 23rd of 1968 -

1968: Ep #586 - Adam attacks Vicki.

- so I bet by 1968 Vicki only wished her problems were as simple as whether or not someone believed someone else might be involved in a death...  [ghost_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: My, How Times Change For Vicki...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »
It was interesting to learn from one of the early recorded interviews shared earlier this year on archive.org that Mr. Isles had to send lawyers to the DS set before Dan Curtis (or whoever was in charge at that point) would release Alexandra from her contract in the Fall of 1968. Apparently she was a couple of months pregnant at that point.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:21:04 PM »
Yes, that was really interesting. Though, given how DC operated, it really shouldn't have surprised any of us...

Will any of that or things like that be in the upcoming documentary? Not damn likely. But they're just as much a part of DS as anything else. And given that particular incident involves the actress who played the show's central character, it's more pertinent to the behind the scenes stories than much of what's likely to be shared...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »
Very much so, MB. I find it fascinating that DC seemed to find endless ways to bring Roger Davis back into the fold (and likely would have continued to do so had not Roger found employment elsewhere) but chose to dismiss Robert Rodan and Lisa Richards rather than give them a raise. His my way on the highway with the writing staff, Alexandra and even Frid paints a very different picture than the Pomegranate version. I don't think that he pulled too much crap with Joan Bennett but everyone else was probably fair game.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »
I don't know what others think, but my conclusion years ago was that DS was so good IN SPITE OF Dan's presence and influence.

The one good thing I think about Dan is that the week he directed, which was that "Return to 1796" time travel flashback that happened sometime around February 1969, he did make use of a more dynamic visual style in how he shot the material. But I can just imagine what an ordeal all of that was for everyone involved since I'm not sure Dan was in sync with the dynamic they had developed for getting these shows out on tape, on schedule.

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »
the deterioration (and subsequent departure) of this character is my bitterest regret for the series.

other characters came and went. there were plots and periods i didn't particularly care for. but this one got me "in the feels".
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.