Author Topic: Julia's exasperation with Barnabas  (Read 475 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Julia's exasperation with Barnabas
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:48:11 AM »
Once again I was going through the Robservation slideshows (something I haven't actually been doing for years) and I was reminded of a fantastic scene between Barnabas and Julia in 1897's Ep #845. I love the look of exasperation on Julia's face when Barnabas shows up and announces to Julia he's met Josette again (actually Lady Kitty):

1969: Ep #845 - Barnabas tells Julia that Josette has come
back to him.

But as it progresses, the scene only gets better - the subsequent expressions on Julia's face are priceless:

Rectory - Barnabas calls to Julia.  She comes in, doctor's bag in hand.  You were late, she says, I was worried, you shouldn't take chances with everyone hunting for him.  "If I hadn't been out tonight..." he says.  Has something happened tonight? she asks.  Barnabas looks like a man in a happy dream.  Yes, he says, something incredible, that will make it imperative to change all our plans--I've met Josette again, she's come back to me.  This stuns Julia--Josette died 100 years ago, she says.
I've just seen her, he insists.  Trying to change the subject, Julia says, get ready for your injection.  It IS Josette, he says, it's as if I were back in time again.  Did she recognize you? asks Julia.  No, says Barnabas reluctantly.  Good, because the last time she saw you, she committed suicide because of you, Julia reminds him (ZING!)  Because of what I had become, says Barnabas--we must change our plans.  We will NOT, she says defiantly.  I can't go through with them now, he objects.  You MUST, Julia says.  The injections, yes, says Barn, it's vital I can move around during the day (Julia gives him the shot), and be accepted at Collinwood, but the other plan is impossible.  YOU made that plan, says Julia it accomplishes everything you want, (Barnabas rolls down his sleeves), you cannot change it now.  But I must--I have no idea how long she'll be here, he says.  Would you really rather lose everything? asks Julia.  I won't, insists Barn.  When I begged you to go back to the future, says Julia you told me the future of the Collinses rested on your defeating Petofi.  I'll handle him in another way than what we planned, in such a way that I'll be allowed to see Josette--I can't chance losing her again!

Though for a change Barnabas isn't just rambling foolish wishful thinking because, as we know, it will turn out that Lady Kitty IS Josette...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Julia's exasperation with Barnabas
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »
LOL. That's a great scene.

Other good ones are Julia's reactions to Barnabas telling her they need to "save" Roxanne in 1970, and the infamous and delightful "When did you have this... TALK with Megan?" scene during late Leviathan.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Julia's exasperation with Barnabas
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »
One of the best parts of the scene from Ep #845, if not one of the best parts from the entire series, has got to be this:

Did she recognize you? asks Julia.  No, says Barnabas reluctantly.  Good, because the last time she saw you, she committed suicide because of you, Julia reminds him (ZING!)