Author Topic: Given that September 18th was Grayson Hall's birthday...  (Read 393 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Given that September 18th was Grayson Hall's birthday...
« on: September 18, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »
... I was just wondering how old she would be if she was still with us? (I recall there's some dispute over the reported/actual year she was born...)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Given that September 18th was Grayson Hall's birthday...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
The "official" date now is 1922. RJ found 1921 somewhere. If 1922 is correct, GH would have been 96. The mind boggles.

I loved how Nancy Barrett talked about Grayson altering her birthdate on her driver's license and commented, "Only Grayson could get away with that."

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Given that September 18th was Grayson Hall's birthday...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:04:38 AM »
GH would have been 96. The mind boggles.

Indeed.

I still remember the day I learned Grayson had passed. What a sad day it was, and I wasn't even active in fandom in 1985. In 1985 DS was but a fond memory. It wasn't until 1986 that I first noticed that DS had become syndicated in my area - and though at first I resisted watching, eventually the draw proved too much. Before I knew it, I was recording the show every day and really looking forward to watching it once I got home from work. And soon after that syndication run ended, I was not only subscribing to ShadowGram and other fanzines, I attended my first Fest. I really wish Grayson might have lived long enough to become a regular Fest attendee. But thanks to home video and so many of these retro TV stations, so much of her work lives on after her...