Author Topic: Dark Shadows to be part of Monster Fest in Chesapeake VA on 10/8/05  (Read 1346 times)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Hello my fellow Collinwoodies,
        If any of you are or would like to be in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia this weekend, please stop by and see us at the Chesapeake Central Library for Monster Fest 2005. Its a family fright and fun day and I am delighted to have been asked by Clayton to host a panel on Dark Shadows and its upcoming 40th Anniversary, which will be at 9:30 am. The big event for Tidewater Monster fans will be progams on local Horror Host Dr. Madblood's 30th anniversary. I will be presenting the kindly doctor with an autographed photo of David Selby as Quentin,   [gramophone] he's actually a fan of our favorite. I will also have an autographed photo of Lara Parker as Angelique, vampire phase era,   [Bat] as a door prize, and I'm pretty sure there are more door prizes as well. Last year there were movie posters of new releases for everyone and costume contest winners got Sideshow figues. [frankie]
    If anyone come, please visit Diane and I at our table as well where we will have a display on DS collector's items, like the gum cards, games, posters and my photo album of oir convention pictures and trips to Lyndhurst, Essex Ct and Newport to DS locations. Please introduce yourself as a board member.

Hope to see anyone who can attend,     [crowdhappy]

Michael  [vampy]
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows to be part of Monster Fest in Chesapeake VA on 10/8/05
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 02:58:55 PM »
Ooopps, forgot to include the weblink, here it is
http://www.chesapeake.lib.va.us/Monsterfest/PressReleaseSept05.htm

[banana] [91a2]
Michael
[/color]

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 10:13:34 PM »
Damn; wish I'd known about this sooner or I'd have made plans to come. I was a guest at their Fanta-Sci event back in the early summer. I'm pretty much out of copies of Dreams of the Dark to sell, though, and they're hard to come by from the publisher anymore. I'd have to move a bunch of books just to pay for my gas to get out there. Still, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 10:29:48 PM »
..... I'd have to move a bunch of books just to pay for my gas to get out there. Still, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Hmmmm.....now that you mention it, Mark, I wonder how many DS Fans are going to think twice and three times before they decide to come to the 2006 Fest?  Travel in any form is going to be more expensive than ever, and most folks are already beginning to pinch the family budget pretty hard.  What a shame it's going to be if many fans miss the 40th purely for economic reasons.  :(
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 10:58:21 PM »
from CyrusL
he's actually a fan of our favorite.

Michael, do I understand that David Selby is a fan of??? (It was hard to read the orange text....Monster mash type stuff?)

Thanks,

Patti

PS Have a good time
What a Woman!

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 02:54:56 PM »
 [hall2_grin] Hi Patti,
       Sorry if I wasn't clear, what I meant to explain is Tidewater's TV Host, Dr. Madblood (and has some of his crew) are Dark Shadows fan. I found that out at last year's show. So I got Deavid Selby to sign a Quentin photo to give Doc this year as my anniversary present to him.

Michael  [hall_smiley]

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 05:49:19 PM »
Hello my fellow Collinwoodies,
        If any of you are or would like to be in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia this weekend, please stop by and see us at the Chesapeake Central Library for Monster Fest 2005. Its a family fright and fun day and I am delighted to have been asked by Clayton to host a panel on Dark Shadows and its upcoming 40th Anniversary, which will be at 9:30 am. The big event for Tidewater Monster fans will be progams on local Horror Host Dr. Madblood's 30th anniversary. I will be presenting the kindly doctor with an autographed photo of David Selby as Quentin,   [gramophone] he's actually a fan of our favorite.

WOW does that bring me back in time. I lived in Norfolk VA from 1978-1981 (first hubby stationed at NAS) my daughter was even born at Portsmith NAS. I used to watch Maximilian Madblood every Friday night I loved his show and was the one thing I missed when I moved back home to Florida. Wish I could join you.  Have fun

LdyAnne

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 08:42:48 PM »
 [hall_cheesy] Diane and I both had a great time and chatted with a lot of fans only one of which had ever been to a convention before. We gave out a lot of web addresses and answered a lot of questions, more than anything else about Jonathan Frid, (lol). The whole show was fun, but we had terrible weather. It was a downpour all morning until the mid afternoon. I'm lucky I didn't lose anything to water damage unloading our exhibit on collecting DS. I could probably have sold a few items, such as the M Ross novels or Gold Key comics.
Its nice to how they say, "raise awareness" and let people know about the DVDs and how to contact others in DS fandom.
     Convention master Clayton very thoughtfully added to my collection when he gave me an original "House of Dark Shadows" promotional still for my participation. (Ironically, the photo is a familiar one of Barnabas, but the verbal hype intended for press release on the back is all about Nancy Barrett, who's not even in the photo!)  [hall_rolleyes] (I also picked up a few good movies cheap!)
     Dr. Madblood was thoroughly happy with his David Selby signed photo. Scary Monsters magazine, they of the recent DS cover stories, was also in attendance.

I think we will do the show next year as well.

Michael  [hall2_grin]