Author Topic: Could There Be Bulletin Boards?  (Read 952 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Could There Be Bulletin Boards?
« on: September 21, 2005, 09:12:16 PM »
MB, could there (on this wonerful, wonerful site) be a bulletin board area?

For instance, today, I 'won' fog lights. Now, I have no interest for fog lights, but, hey, maybe JoeyTrom is 'jonesin' it for them. Perhaps Connie would like to sell LaFB's 5 yr old flute, and I'd like to buy it. This is about the only site alot of us go to on a regular basis.

I don't know how much work it would take to create then maintain it. Give it some thought.

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Could There Be Bulletin Boards?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:37:46 PM »
Perhaps Connie would like to sell LaFB's 5 yr old flute, and I'd like to buy it.

I didn't know LAFB played the flute!  [lghy]  But hey - I'll sell ya one of her violins for a couple a hundred.  (She wouldn't even know it was missing......the ingrate)

[wave]

:-*
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 04:34:18 AM »
MB, could there (on this wonerful, wonerful site) be a bulletin board area?

For instance, today, I 'won' fog lights. Now, I have no interest for fog lights, but, hey, maybe JoeyTrom is 'jonesin' it for them. Perhaps Connie would like to sell LaFB's 5 yr old flute, and I'd like to buy it. This is about the only site alot of us go to on a regular basis.
That is a good idea. Especially if it is DS stuff people want to sell.
Julianka

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 12:51:39 AM »
Actually, as per the description for those boards, members are already able to post on the Calendar Events / Announcements boards about any DS items that they might want to sell:

• Post all your special events, announcements, notices of Web site updates, items for sale, personal messages, and well wishes - basically anything DS-related that isn't specific to the DS storylines or the show itself.
However, when it comes to non-DS-related items, even though we're very flattered to know that many of our members think of this as a "home" on the Internet, we would really prefer not to go there. The forum is dedicated to a love for and discussions about DS (which is why we tend to discourage any sort of discussions that aren't somehow DS-related). Adding a board for selling things that aren't related to DS could open the door to requests for all manner of unrelated topics (world events, personal ads, etc.), and that's not why we're here.  ;)

And there's also another issue. We haven't talked much about it recently so some may have forgotten that space is always an issue on a forum like this. We'd like to keep everything on the forum available to everyone for as long as possible. As much as we might like to, it simply isn't possible to use our available space for things other than DS.  :)