Author Topic: Why Margot Robbie Is This Generation’s Michelle Pfeiffer  (Read 446 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Quite the tribute to Pfeiffer:

Why Margot Robbie Is This Generation’s Michelle Pfeiffer

And it references DS...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Why Margot Robbie Is This Generation’s Michelle Pfeiffer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 05:13:25 AM »
I clicked as I had no idea who Margot Robbie is. "Margot who?" I don't see very many post 1980 films.

I disagree that Michelle was "camping it up" in the Burton/Depp Shadows, and I doubt whether the author of this article actually saw the movie, in any event. Michelle was the only actor in the movie who seemed to be attempting to play her role in a somewhat realistic manner. (To be fair, I thought Bella Heathcote was also good in her screentime, but her role seemed to have been considerably cut down.)

I personally think comparisons of this sort are pointless. Even the person who wrote it admits that the two actors have very different styles or approaches to what they do.

Thanks for the link, though. Now I at least have a vague idea about Margot Robbie so perhaps I won't do a doubletake the next time somebody expects me to be familiar with her.

cheers, G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Why Margot Robbie Is This Generation’s Michelle Pfeiffer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
I disagree that Michelle was "camping it up" in the Burton/Depp Shadows

I agree that her portrayal of Liz was the farthest thing from camp. But we all know how far too many writers/critics just find it impossible to separate DS and camp in their minds even when there's nothing there to equate the two.  [ghost_rolleyes]