Author Topic: And Speaking Of Lysette Anthony  (Read 585 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And Speaking Of Lysette Anthony
« on: April 26, 2018, 05:54:06 PM »
And speaking of Lysette Anthony, as I just sort of was in the '91 Series comics topic, I'm sure many of us will recall that she appeared in one of Depeche Mode's music videos:

Depeche Mode Meets Angelique

But until last night I had no idea that video wasn't her first music video. Quite by accident I came across Ryan Adams 1984 music video for Run To You and lo and behold who should be in it but a 21-year-old Lysette (mostly seen in various stages of harsh weather in different seasons):

Who knew?!

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
Re: And Speaking Of Lysette Anthony
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
I haven''t thought about her in years! I googled her to see what she looks like now, and learned that she also accused Harvey Weinstein of raping her, too, back in the 80s. Sad.
I met her once during the protest rally in front of NBC studios. She was nice. She and Roy Thinnes were the only ones I remember who came down the line and shook everybody's hand, and took pictures. I believe it was organized by the DS fest to protest the cancellation of the 90s remake. I got a free DS VHS Video out of it!! I also remember seeing a young Joseph Gordon Levitt running around like a typical kid. Wow! Did his career ever take off. Who knew???

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »
I remember Lysette from a 1990's festival where she and Lara Parker were teamed up for an Angelique versus Angelique panel where they commented on clips from the two series. Lysette was quite friendly that weekend. She judged the costume gala and attended the skit rehearsal, which was for a DS 1991 skit.
I'm pleased to see that things have improved for her. In addition to the Harvey Weinstein stuff, she was also homeless for a period.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 10:39:58 PM »
I also remember seeing a young Joseph Gordon Levitt running around like a typical kid. Wow! Did his career ever take off. Who knew???

Did anyone remark on the meeting of the two David Collins in Lincoln? I did a search for Lincoln and nothing came up. I saw it the other day and noticed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gulliver (Gully)  McGrath played Robert and Tad Lincoln and had a few scenes together. I was thinking about posting but figured it might be about 6 years too late for that. Sometimes the search function misses things. Still it was an interesting bit of casting.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
It's never too late to post. After all, the post I started this topic with is about something that's over 30 years old. Not only does it predate this forum - it predates the modern Internet which didn't even come into being until the early '90s. Oh those were the day...NOT!!

(It's hard for most people today to understand that there was a time on the Internet when there was no such thing as a browser. Everything on the Internet was strictly text. And the only way to share images on the Internet was to use the uuencode program to change a photo's binary code to ASCII code, post the ASCII code, and then use the uudecode program to reverse the process. I'll never miss using either of those programs...)