Author Topic: ned stuart...make-up artist?  (Read 946 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
ned stuart...make-up artist?
« on: September 16, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »
i just started dvd collection 13(oh you'll hear more later!) ::)

so i am just becoming aquainted with miss sabrina stuart.here she appears to be some sort of psychic invalid in the care of her dear brother nedbradfordjeffpeterclarkstuart.

now a stand-up kind of fellow all around he also appears to be her primary caregiver.so i would assume that he is responsible for this poor girl's grooming as well.so i wonder what made him think that applying an inch thick layer of seafoam green eyeshadow was doing her any favors?

i guess that we're also suppossed to assume that the visual implication of the phylis diller style fright wig is the shock of witnessing the transformation of chris jennings caused her hair to go white.

but i'd like to think that if my sister was in my care i would run a brush through her hair once in awhile.wouldn't you?

and finally why in the year 1969 in this sad girl being pushed around in a 19th century wood and cane wheelchair?was this a visual metphor for the storyline to come? :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: ned stuart...make-up artist?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 03:41:21 AM »
The Ned and Sabrina storyline is pretty painful, but fortunately, it barely lasts three weeks.  let's all count our blessings.

G.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 03:46:07 AM »
but i'd like to think that if my sister was in my care i would run a brush through her hair once in awhile.wouldn't you?

I suspect it got that way because he couldn't stop himself from running his fingers through it!!

and finally why in the year 1969 in this sad girl being pushed around in a 19th century wood and cane wheelchair?was this a visual metphor for the storyline to come? :P

No, it was a visual metaphor for DC's refusal to part with a sou when he didn't have to.   ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 03:00:28 PM »
Ugh, I *hate* this storyline.  I can deal with Ned Stuart--he may be loud, brash, and caustic, but he's a step up in my book to that wimpy, wishy-washy Peter Bradford.  Sabrina, on the other hand...God, this is one of the most boring storylines on the show:  I never fail to fastforward through it.  Also, it gives the viewer a false hope; Sabrina appears almost radiant in one episode with her *natural* long brown hair instead of either hideous wig.  You'd better be glad that 1897 interrupts this dreadful plot--you won't see Sabrina for almost 300 episodes!

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 03:31:54 PM »
Count me in as another person who loathes the Ned and Sabrina part of this storyline. Whenever they're on my screen for longer than a minute I'm tempted to turn it off. When I was watching those DVDs I used their screentime as a break to get a snack, etc....