Author Topic: ‘The Shining’ Sequel ‘Doctor Sleep’ Coming to the Big Screen  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ‘The Shining’ Sequel ‘Doctor Sleep’ Coming to the Big Screen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 03:58:19 AM »
Again, I know how it's heresy to some (if not many) but Kubrick's version was awful.  King was at first horrified (how appropriate a term) at it, then loosened up a bit, but went back to saying it was, well, awful.

Gerard

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »
i love the (1980) film hell i grew up with it. but i also do agree with king on how he changed from his book and i get why he's mad also cause that was after all his 1st personal book that the message he was putting in went totally over Kubrick's head. i do like the 97 film but like i said elsewhere the cast is what hurts the film.

i love Steven Weber and he's a fine actor but he was awful in the remake. the only one who even really was good was Melvin i think his name is? Van Peeples.  i do own this book i just haven't read it all that's all.

i hope it's done right as well i have no idea who want to play Danny. it'd be great if they get Danny Lloyd to play him but that won't happen again since he hasn't acted in over 30 years and he's i think a teacher now anyways. as for King, when he wanted to do the tv minseries he signed a contract saying he wouldn't bash Kubrick's version and so he let up on it and was nice about it back than. but since time has passed and it's been years and his film was made he no longer goes by that contract i don't think.

but to my knowledge he's not as pissed off about it as he once was but than i could be wrong. that doesn't mean he's not still mad about what Kubrick did to his book cause i think he is, but i don't think as far as i know that he goes off and disses the film like he used to but than again i could be wrong as well on that

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 10:16:58 PM »
he stopped dissing the film for a long time cause he made a deal with ABC back than that if he  wanted to do the mini-series and do his version of it that he had to stop dissing on the (1980) version so he said okay and he stopped cracking on it. than enough had passed that he i think thought to himself well i think i can crack on it again.

honestly i can't wait until Doctor Sleep comes out and man i really need to finish the book too...