Author Topic: Recent DS Actor Appearances on MeTV Shows  (Read 614 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Recent DS Actor Appearances on MeTV Shows
« on: January 26, 2018, 05:40:55 AM »
Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until it happened, but last night's Cannon had Dana Elcar and Michael McGuire.
Josette

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent DS Actor Appearances on MeTV Shows
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »
Thanks, Josette. I never watched CANNON. I had lunch with a friend yesterday and he was telling me about watching IRONSIDES, another show I saw only bits of when we were visiting my grandmother, occasionally. I bet some DS actors showed up on that one, too.

G.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 08:23:52 AM »
I forgot when I posted this that it was a 2-parter, so it was on again last night!  Elcar was still in it, but I forget whether McGuire was.

Gothick, I never watched Cannon either - I might have seen a couple, so these have been interesting.  I think I saw most or a lot of Ironside when it happened, but a number of years ago some station was showing it and I saw all of the episodes several times, so was very familiar with it.  Then, after many years, MeTV recently had it, so I thought I'd check them out again.  There were 8 seasons.  While they repeat everything else 3, 4, 5 times, this one they showed 6 years, half of the 7th, and then quit!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:31:35 PM »
That's too bad, Josette.

I always used to watch both Cannon and Ironside (and Barnaby Jones and Streets of San Francisco - all those types of shows).

With the exception of Dennis Patrick (who I'd swear must have guested on every one hour show that was ever on [snow_smiley]) I don't seem to remember any other DS actors popping up on Ironside - and that's saying something because even Charo was on...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »
60's and 70's cop and detective shows are pretty much my wheelhouse (Ironside not so much), but MB you got it right. Hawaii Five 0 is really the king of DS alumni. It had KLS, Lara Parker, John Karlen, Thayer David, Dennis Patrick, Dana Elcar, Michael McGuire, Ivor Francis, Barnard Hughes, Gail Strickland,  George Dicenzo, Keene Curtis, Abe Vigoda and Jean Simmons from the 91 series.