Author Topic: Scene Stealers  (Read 628 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Scene Stealers
« on: April 09, 2002, 01:13:25 PM »
After watching some nice exchanges between David Henesey and the adult actors, I began to think of the times when the children on DS stole the scenes. Do you remember any of those times?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: Scene Stealers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 07:18:40 PM »
After watching some nice exchanges between David Henesey and the adult actors, I began to think of the times when the children on DS stole the scenes. Do you remember any of those times?

Sorry Vam posted somewhere else that David H stole the scene today before i saw this post. I think he wins as the best child scene stealer and Hallie/Carrie as the best" make me want to run from the room when she is on"star.Amy was very good with Chris J when she wants him to stay. They also had some very good scenes when she fears he was in danger

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Scene Stealers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 09:50:32 PM »
Anytime that David Henesy's characters were supposed to be possessed was well worth watching because they allowed him to take on adult mannerisms and break out of the confining child roles.  His turns as Jamison in 1897, first under Quentin's control, then under Petofi's, held me riveted.  At one point, Jamison-Petofi and Edward are arguing about whether or not the boy is missing a hand.  'Jamison' breaks down, begging for his father to help him, and then immediately slips back into the persona of the cold count.  Henesy performed that scene with a casual menace that gave me chills.

The episode of Barnabas's arrival at Collinwood also features a scene of him with David in the Old House that contains splendid acting on both parts.  It was when I watched this conversation that I first realized how truly talented an actor Henesy really was and how harshly I had previously been judging him.

ProfStokes