Author Topic: DS "was prayed off the air"; important contribution from our own MB!  (Read 613 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
This interesting article about a mention of "Dark Shadow" in an early 70s "Jack Chick" tract was posted on social media today. I don't know if the special update "confirmation" featuring a very rare contribution from "a certain Mysterious Benefactor (tm)" is recent or not.

http://www.collinsporthistoricalsociety.com/2016/10/the-unsavory-jack-chickdark-shadows.html

The second part of the article is a bit disturbing. These old tracts seem so campy and funny now, but we have to bear in mind that the people who produced them were often very disturbed, malignant individuals. This is shown in the second part of the article. Also, it's known that the tracts did inflict psychological damage on untold numbers of young readers.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS "was prayed off the air"; important contribution from our own MB!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:53:57 PM »
I can see where one could easily think the MB referred to in the article is me, but I really had nothing to do with it. In the past, though, I have shared letters and such from church groups demanding DS be taken off the air, so that could be a likely source for confusing me with that MB.  [snow_wink]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 12:37:33 AM »
You mean it was someone even more mysterious? 😉😉
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »
How VERY mysterious!

A friend told me this evening that all the Chick tracts are still being sold on some website for 17 cents each. That's far more horrifying than anything that ever happened at Collinwood.

G.