Author Topic: Maine & The Holidays: The Quiz II  (Read 518 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Maine & The Holidays: The Quiz II
« on: December 24, 2017, 08:08:23 PM »
Since when do the DS eps have titles?  [santa_huh]

Maine & The Holidays: The Quiz II

Or is it possible that this person got the title if one of the MPI compilations titled eps? I have The Best of Angelique as part of the 50th Anniversary Collection, but I've never watched it. Perhaps the title came from that? If not, who knows where this person got the title?!

Though no matter where the title came from, it's still nice to see DS as part of the quiz...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Maine & The Holidays: The Quiz II
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
odd indeed. i've never seen titled episodes anywhere. do the dates line up with the 1795 timeline? in other words did the episode where Barnabas and Angelique marry tape in late December of 1967?

even so the holidays were rarely mentioned on the series and definitely not during the 1795 time period.

Hulu and some of the other streaming services that run the show also enumerate "seasons". the show ran for five years but they'll list "season 10" and so forth. i've always wondering if they were trying to coordinate "seasons" with the episodes on a given DVD collection. in effect DVD collection 12 being streamed as "season 12". i can think of no other explanation.  [santa_undecided]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Maine & The Holidays: The Quiz II
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »
do the dates line up with the 1795 timeline? in other words did the episode where Barnabas and Angelique marry tape in late December of 1967?

The ep in which Barn agrees to marry Ang aired on the 21st, which was a Thursday ep.

Barn tells Naomi that he plans to marry Ang on the Friday ep, which aired on the 22nd.

In all five years of its run DS never aired on Christmas Day.

Joshua tries to bribe Ang (unsuccessfully) on the 26th, a Tuesday ep.

Joshua doesn't disinherit Barn for wanting to marry immediately (due to pressure from Ang) until the 29th, which was a Friday ep.

On the 1st, a Monday ep, Ang prepares to marry Barn but gets kidnapped by Jeremiah's Ghost.

And Barn and Ang are actually married on the 2nd, another Tuesday ep.

So, things do take place in and about the holidays even though on the show we haven't got the vaguest idea that the holidays are taking place...

in effect DVD collection 12 being streamed as "season 12". i can think of no other explanation.  [santa_undecided]

I think that's exactly what they do...