Author Topic: Dark Shadows Begins Screening Online; New Documentary on its Way  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Begins Screening Online; New Documentary on its Way
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »
If that's really the logic behind the trailer being taken down--for paid subscribers only--wow.

It may have gotten beyond the level of scraping the bottom of the DS franchise barrel, at this point. I haven't heard of anyone who actually subscribes to that service. I own all the DVDs so there is no point in it for me.

I've always been curious about the infamous DS documentary that was shown or produced for the Sci Fi network. From what I vaguely recall about it, that was in epically bad taste but it did make people stay awake...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 05:54:49 PM »
I haven't heard of anyone who actually subscribes to that service. I own all the DVDs so there is no point in it for me.

You're preaching to the choir there.

I've always been curious about the infamous DS documentary that was shown or produced for the Sci Fi network. From what I vaguely recall about it, that was in epically bad taste but it did make people stay awake...

Probably the less said about that thing, the better...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
It seems to me that the series might be served better if someone other than MPI were in charge of marketing. They were guaranteed a certain amount of sales from the start and have managed to persuade the fanbase to purchase the same material numerous times. (VHS, pre Barnabas episodes, DVD, coffin set, etc.) They've promised new material that has yet to materialize more than once, so even hardcore fans may be reluctant to shell out once again.

Aside from the documentary, the interview that KLS, Lara and David Selby did with Herbie Pilato last year for Decades (I think) has yet to show up anywhere. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in quite awhile.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2020, 09:32:51 PM »
Just the other day I was wondering if this site even still existed because one doesn't hear (or at least I don't ever hear) anything about it. But apparently it does. Because of a Google link to a post on MPI's Facebook page about how people can watch DS on Amazon Prime, I discovered this ad is atop that page:

One does still wonder what sort of bonus material (other than that trailer for the DC documentary) is even on the site because there's never anything about supposed bonus material there, either. (Though perhaps members are sworn to secrecy and can only discuss the bonus material with other members and only on the site. Yeah. That must be it.  [b003])

Also, one does have to wonder why MPI is making posts about how DS is available on Amazon Prime because wouldn't sending people to watch on Amazon cut into their own site's use and traffic? But I suppose no one is supposed to question the logic of the post...

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2020, 11:41:05 AM »
The complete DS (including The Beginning separately) is still available on the free streaming app TUBI... Had to use it over Thanksgiving being out of town. Can't be without my daily fix!!

It also has a 3-hour 'movie' entitled "The Haunting of Collinwood" that starts at the episode when David and Amy open Quentin's secret room to find the skeleton. I'm pretty sure it was one of the VHS compilations. Kind of nice it edits the episodes together with no credits or previews/teasers.

Best part its FREE FREE FREE. (with the occasional commercial) No more excuses for not having those DVD/VHS sets!  [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."