Author Topic: Kate Jackson as ....Wonder Woman?!?  (Read 600 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson as ....Wonder Woman?!?
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:12:24 PM »
Interesting little bit of trivia from the Wonder Woman imdb page. Before being cast on Charlie's Angels, Kate (as well as her Angel costars Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett) auditioned for the part of Wonder Woman, which was, of course, the part played by Lynda Carter. Things seem to have worked out for the best for everyone concerned. But if Kate complained about the quality of the scripts on Charlie's Angels, can you imagine how she would have reacted to the scripts on Wonder Woman?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson as ....Wonder Woman?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 05:28:56 PM »
Maybe not. I could be wrong, but I think from the outset Wonder Woman was planned to be a bit campy and not to be taken all that seriously. But that wasn't initially the case with Charlie's Angels - it was planned to be clever, with the woman using their wits (not their rhymes with wits) against the baddies, similar to the way the pilot for the show played. That's how Kate originally helped to conceive it in a meeting with Aaron Spelling. But apparently thanks to ABC, who was never trusting of the original concept (even though both showings of the pilot
(the second ordered by ABC because they didn't trust in the reaction to the first showing) garnered huge ratings) it's hardly the way the show turned out once it went to series. I've always felt Kate had every right to complain, especially considering how some of the eps turned out to be utter lunacy. During the first season, I thought most of the eps were pretty out there, but compared to how the writing for the second and third season eps nosedived, those first season eps were expertly crafted television.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:45:56 AM »
i haven't seen an episode of CA in decades but wasn't the Kate Jackson character written as the "smart one" who had short hair and wore pantsuits and the other two ran around in hot pants and bikinis?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »
i haven't seen an episode of CA in decades

For the most part, count yourself lucky because of that.  [nodassent]

wasn't the Kate Jackson character written as the "smart one" who had short hair and wore pantsuits and the other two ran around in hot pants and bikinis?

Very true. Though the wardrobe department were always after Kate to go braless under her blouses and turtlenecks - and supposedly it was a constant battle because no matter how hard they persisted, she wouldn't. And I say more power to her because why should Sabrina have been braless? Well, other than because of what I alluded to earlier about how ABC wanted them fighting with what rhymes with wits rather than their actual wits...  ::)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:07:23 AM »
An interesting bit of trivia: Kate was originally supposed to play the part of Kelly Garrett but, during the filming of the pilot, she apparently decided that she would rather play Sabrina. She and Jaclyn Smith switched roles.
Fade Away and Radiate