Author Topic: Chiller Theatre 2005 presents "DS Reunion"  (Read 4206 times)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Chiller Theatre 2005 presents "DS Reunion"
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 03:31:32 PM »
Sounds like a keen time, Michael. Excellent report.

I attended a convention once where Russell Johnson was asking for ten or fifteen bucks for an autograph. It seemed odd that some of the actors were charging a fee for their sig. I reckon it suppliments their income. Or maybe they are donating the money to a charity. Any ideas on this?

Janet
Good question, many of the actors do donate much of their fees to charity. Both Linda Blair and Burt Ward were donating their monies to animal protection charities, I think Linda's is the SPCA, Burt is part of an organization called "Gentle Giants" which helps the very large dogs like Great Danes. Kari Wurher was donating her monies to the American Cancer Society. Several others mentioned charities, but most of the time it is suplemental to the actor's income. I think Adam West's money went to the Adam West Foundation, which keeps him in dark glasses.  8)

Michael

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Chiller Theatre 2005 presents "DS Reunion"
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 08:19:22 PM »
  form the article Blasts from the past @ nj.com
"The pocket protector crowd"????? Chiller is about as far as you can get from the image of Star Trek/computer geek fans you can get at a convention. Diane has dubbed it "the realm of black t-shirts." The crowd at Chiller overall (not everyone but the majority) is a mixtures of rocker looking types. It looks more like an group ready to head bang at AC/DC mixed with the Slayer and hard Goth types. Again, an article written by someone who probably watched the trailer for "Trekkies" and said, "Okay, done my research." Sheesh. Let's hope this guy doesn't cover DS's 40th!

[5393] [eviltongue] Michael

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul