Author Topic: Apparently now it's Seth Grahame-Smith's turn to get rewritten...  (Read 482 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently now it's Seth Grahame-Smith's turn to get rewritten...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 11:46:00 PM »
Interesting that Burton said "It's gotta be right"-- which is what he kept saying during development of D'S. And they brought on Seth. Maybe this time they'll go the really ironic route and bring in John August!  (Though I doubt this would be his kind of project...) Speaking of August, I keep hoping that one of these days his original D'S screenplay will fall into my hands...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 04:04:34 PM »
From what we learned before and during production of the Depp/DS film, supposedly the story in August's script is the same. The difference is that Grahame-Smith punched up the humor, much of which was already there. But I definitely agree that it would be interesting to see how different/how similar both scripts are to each other. And part of me is actually surprised that both haven't shown up on the Internet. At least not that we know of...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
Speaking of August, I keep hoping that one of these days his original D'S screenplay will fall into my hands...

Sadly, no version of a DS script, but several scripts from several other films that people might want to check out:

50 Free Screenplays You Can Download Right Now, From ‘Eternal Sunshine’ to ‘Lost in Translation
Take a masterclass in screenwriting by downloading scripts from Charlie Kaufman, Sofia Coppola, Jason Reitman, Nora Ephron, and more.