Author Topic: The Great Crash of 2017!  (Read 9037 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: The Great Crash of 2017!
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »
Yes, Thanks VERY much MB, for  everything!    [candle_in_skull_2] [skull_winks]  Including those!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
It's funny, when I first come here, it doesn't look like I'm logged in - but as soon as I click on the login button (the one to the right of "forever", not the one in the main menu) I'm logged in without having to enter my username or password. I have no idea why that works or why that's required, but I'm not complaining. And if others come here and are logged in without even having to click that login button, that's even better. Though if that is the case, I have no idea why "stay logged in" is working for them and not me and others...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
Yes, Thanks VERY much MB, for  everything!    [candle_in_skull_2] [skull_winks]  Including those!

And more of the Halloween smileys will be showing up before too long, including one of your all-time favs:

[female_skull][female_skull][female_skull][female_skull][female_skull][female_skull]

Also, after last year's Halloween I found some new Halloween smileys, so hopefully I can track them down on my hard drive and install them too...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 07:16:01 AM »
It's funny, when I first come here, it doesn't look like I'm logged in - but as soon as I click on the login button (the one to the right of "forever", not the one in the main menu) I'm logged in without having to enter my username or password. I have no idea why that works or why that's required, but I'm not complaining. And if others come here and are logged in without even having to click that login button, that's even better. Though if that is the case, I have no idea why "stay logged in" is working for them and not me and others...

That's how it's been working for me since this happened.  I have to click "login" each time, but then it works without actually doing it.  I thought Uncle Roger's post indicated that it was fixed, but since I was now logged in, I couldn't test it.  This was in Firefox.  So, I went to Chrome and there I had to actually log in.  Perhaps it's the browser remembering it after the first time and not this site.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »
Oh, it's definitely the browsers. When you first login, the forum sends your browser a cookie, and whenever you come here again, the browser looks at the cookie to see if you set the "stay logged in" feature. If so, you're already logged in. But for some reason the browsers aren't correctly interpreting what in the cookie or what's in the cookie can't be correctly interpreted until after some of us click on that login button. It's quite strange.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »
I discovered something interesting today: if when you come here you appear not to be logged in even though you've logged in the "stay logged in" option, not only will clicking on the "Login" button at the top right of the header image (above the snowmen) get you logged in, but simply clicking on the "Home" button in the main menu will as well. Why? Who knows? But why should we argue with what works?  [santa_wink]