Author Topic: The July 25th Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 982 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 25th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: July 25, 2005, 09:23:24 PM »
What I found most fun about watching the July 25th eps was seeing how very different Nicholas and Evan Hanley are. To say that Nicholas dominates everything and everyone around him would be an understatement. He also has an amazing cruel streak about him that, strangely, one can't help but enjoy because Humbert Allen Astredo not only pulls it off with such finesse, it's impossible to miss that he relishes that side of Nicholas (and, of course, there's also the fact that his main target is Cassandra, whom most in the audience delight in seeing on the receiving end for a change - particularly coming right after everything she pulled as Angelique in 1795/96). And then there's Evan. He likes to think he dominates everything and everyone around him, but more often he's a pawn for someone else's greater scheme and/or he's just plain inept. I suspect that Nicholas could wipe him off the face of the Earth with a mere wave of his pinky.  :D  And let's not even get into how often Evan cowers when confronted by someone/something more powerful than himself (namely Petofi in ep #805 - though, considering Evan's recent encounter with the hand, he has very good reason to fear Petofi  [wink2]).

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The July 25th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 04:16:37 PM »
I'm thinking of the July 25 captures as "the musical series" because the first couple of images reminded me so strongly of specific musicals.

In the first one, Burke and his visitor seem to be performing "I whistle a happy tune" from the King and I.  And in the one with Liz, Carolyn and Vicki, it's "How do you solve a problem like Maria" from the Sound of Music (Joan Bennett would have made a GREAT Mother Superior).

Thanks for the FABULOUS fun, MB!

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 10:12:08 PM »
You know, I never really considered 'both' HAA's characters; seems to me the Nicholas/Evan pairing is similar to the Tony Peterson/mean Trask(s)....
What a Woman!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 11:33:51 PM »
I suspect that Nicholas could wipe him off the face of the Earth with a mere wave of his pinky.  :D 

LOL!!  Good point!
Josette

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 02:10:06 PM »
Evan was a vain conceited wimp while nicholas was also these two things too but he was no wimp

his best scenes are when he is controlling cassandra LOL

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 03:09:43 PM »
I prefer Evan to Nicholas, but that's because I love 1897 and can't stand the storyline that Nicholas was involved in. Nicholas himself got on my nerves a bit too. I never minded Humbert Astredo, but I've never cared for his characters.