Author Topic: The July 6th Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 712 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 6th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: July 06, 2005, 09:30:51 PM »
While watching the July 6th eps I was struck by how much things can change in a year. In ep #8 Vicki is highly suspicious of Liz and Liz' motives for hiring her, yet in ep #269 Vicki has become so close to Liz that she is the only person whom Liz has ever been able to confide that she "killed" Paul - and Vicki is the only one to get through to Liz that committing suicide is not an answer to her problems.

A few random musings:

One wonders if Burke was still using Stuart Bronson and/or Wilbur Strake when he wanted to dig up dirt on Jason?  ;)

Who knew that the Collinsport Inn and Liz had the same taste in lamps? In ep #8 the same design of lamp that sits on Liz' bedside table in ep #269 is in the Inn's lobby. Perhaps both Liz and the Inn hired the same decorator.  [wink2]

And it never fails to amuse me how the women of Collinwood, no matter the time period or band, always seem to sleep with their earrings on and their hair still perfectly styled. Such is the case with Maggie in ep #1051 when she has her dream about Quentin. And while we can often easily overlook such things because the actors were more often than not required to jump out of bed to shoot their dreams and then to jump back into bed afterward, that doesn't seem to be the case in this particular instance. And the reason I say that is because David Selby is perfectly groomed and wearing one outfit in the dream, yet when Maggie awakens from her dream, a completely dishevelled fugitive Quentin, who's wearing a totally different outfit, is bending over her. That fact would seem to indicate that the dream sequence was one of the extremely rare instances where they actually preshot footage and incorporated it into the show later. (Well, unless Selby is amazingly more talented than even his most ardent fans believe him to be and he was able to completely change his shirt, sport coat, and makeup in a matter of seconds.  [b003]) So, one fails to see why Maggie couldn't have at least taken off her earrings, if not taken down her hair - particulalry considering the shots of Maggie in bed prior to and after the dream were the last ones of the ep. But no.  ::)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The July 6th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:54:53 PM »
These are fabulous.  I love the shot of Miss Hopewell.  I often wonder whether that actress and Grayson knew one another. That's certainly a very "Graysonesque" expression on her face!

How exciting to see Claude North in action!  I hope our very own Jean-Claude is able to see these.  I know how devoted to Claude he is.

G.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: The July 6th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 06:17:51 AM »
Loving the screen caps and daily history/summaries, MB!  ;D  Makes the priviledge of visiting this wonderful site that much more special...   :-*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*