Author Topic: Another bit of frivolity  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Another bit of frivolity
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:01:30 PM »
Hiya...

Instead of concocting a regular composition for a story, I grouped together some of the captures I've done (from DS and Grayson's infamous role in "Satan In High Heels"), a couple of photo manips., and created a little story on a webpage. This was done for a story challenge on another list. I kinda hesitated to post it here but...I think I've posted my attempts at this sort of thing before so...what the hey.  >:D 

Disclaimer: The following is intended for mine and my fellow cohorts amusement only. I will never, in a million parallel dimensional years, make money on this. All characters belong to DCP, etc. No infringement is intended whatsoever...!

Warning: This is rated TV-14 for adult situations, naughty language, suggestive innuendo, oddball cultural references, and general wackiness. If those kinda things make you nauseus, turn away, stat!  This is a mixture of the "Julia Slaps Cassandra moment," a satire, parody, and cross-over rolled into one...if taken too seriously, your brain will self-destruct in 30 seconds!  ;)  *note: The links to each section are at the top of the page.

Link:  http://cheekybabe79.tripod.com/justdesserts/

P.S. For those grammar nuts we love: *Just Deserts* is the proper spelling for that phrase. The noun "desert" (accent on the first syllable) is generally used to refer to an arid, barren expanse of land; the noun "dessert" (accent on the second syllable) is a sweet course or dish usually served at the end of a meal. However, the word "desert" -- when spelled like the former but pronounced like the latter -- also refers to a deserved reward or punishment. Therefore, someone who does wrong and is punished in a suitable manner has received his "just deserts."

It's misspelled in the link, but its correct everywhere else. Sorry for that and any other grammar misdeeds. Just thought I'd mention that so I don't confuse people (like I haven't already, huh?)  {evil giggle}  xo

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another bit of frivolity
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 07:22:01 PM »
OMG, Heather, I love Sassy Chipmunkalique!  [lghy]  Including the black wig is a stroke of genius.  [thumb]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 08:25:10 PM »
I'm laughing hysterically here!  Love Chipmunkalique! and Pepe's incantation... who know that Jombi was in "the family"??

xo, G.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 06:15:01 AM »
I'm laughing hysterically here! Love Chipmunkalique! and Pepe's incantation... who know that Jombi was in "the family"??

Wow - many Thanks MB and Steve...you're both too kind!  :-*

And G. - you're one of a few who picked up on the Jombi reference...chuckle...Ms. Pepe knows everyone, I guess. Maybe she got him started in the business, or vice-versa, or whatnot??  LOL   ;)  :-*

-Heather xo

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 03:40:46 PM »
Ah, Jambi the Genie.  Thanks, Gothick.  Her incantation was so familiar, duh.

Very cute story, Heather.  :D  I bet Julia learned the ice cube trick from Quentin.  (Does anyone remember Selby's character in "Lady Boss"?  ;))

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 04:03:24 AM »
I bet Julia learned the ice cube trick from Quentin. (Does anyone remember Selby's character in "Lady Boss"? ;))

I meant to ask sooner but, could someone elaborate on that...pretty please...I'm not as up on my Selby knowledge as I should be. (sigh)   :-[

Hanging my head in shame,

tired wench

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 02:59:50 AM »
I bet Julia learned the ice cube trick from Quentin. (Does anyone remember Selby's character in "Lady Boss"? ;))

I meant to ask sooner but, could someone elaborate on that...pretty please...I'm not as up on my Selby knowledge as I should be. (sigh)   :-[

Hanging my head in shame,

Oh no, I apologize because I meant to answer sooner.  In "Lady Boss," Selby's character had the same reaction as Barnabas did in your story over what his lover did with a bunch of ice cubes.  It's been a while since I've seen it, and if I've got the wrong role I hope someone will correct me.  MsCriseyde has some FABULOUS grabs from the miniseries in her site's gallery, but none of the ice cube scene.   :-X

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 03:09:10 AM »
MsCriseyde has some FABULOUS grabs from the miniseries in her site's gallery, but none of the ice cube scene.

I wore out that part of my tape.  >:D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:21:17 AM »
I wore out that part of my tape.  >:D

[lghy]  That's certainly understandable.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 11:11:10 PM »
Oh no, I apologize because I meant to answer sooner. In "Lady Boss," Selby's character had the same reaction as Barnabas did in your story over what his lover did with a bunch of ice cubes. It's been a while since I've seen it, and if I've got the wrong role I hope someone will correct me. MsCriseyde has some FABULOUS grabs from the miniseries in her site's gallery, but none of the ice cube scene. :-X

Wow...now that's just...eerily delicious. Hope I can see that one day...Thanks for the info Midnite  :-*

p.s. Fabulous captures, MsCriseyde. Just checked him...them out.  ;D

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 09:49:35 AM »
Hi Heather

Pulled these from my archive of Emmy Award-Winning Scenes (before my tape self-destructed in luminous flames of shame and desire).

Submitted for your perusal:
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 09:37:55 PM »
Great shots Connie...   >:D

Love ya