Author Topic: "Our" Lara?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
"Our" Lara?
« on: July 04, 2005, 08:11:13 AM »
Every week the Monday New York Times has a column called "Metropolitan Diary."  People send in anecdotes about interesting, funny, strange, etc. things they've seen, overheard or experienced in New York.  Last Monday (June 27) had one and the signature was "Lara Parker."  I'm wondering if it is really the same Lara.

"Dear Diary:

My friends Cyndi Berzow and Nicki Spira heard an interesting cheer in celebration of Father's Day.

While they were overlooking the water on Fire Island, a man drove by the dock in one of the few small vehicles allowed on the island.  He chanted, ¢â‚¬ËœMake someone a father for Father's Day.'

Lara Parker"
Josette

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: "Our" Lara?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 01:44:53 PM »
Now that brought a smile to my face.   Speaking of seeing names and reminding you of people, I've been viewing the Strange Paradise episodes and when I saw the name of Lara Cochrane, I immediately thought of Lara Parker.  Dark Shadows related things seem to always be playing in the background of my mind!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
Re: "Our" Lara?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:53:29 PM »
Lara Parker lives in California, though she could have been visting friends out there, but that sounds like it was posted by a 20-something year old girl.  Even so, it's just as possible one or both of her parents was a DS fan and since the last name was Parker anyway, chose to name her after a certain favorite actress (OR "Lara" from "Doctor Zhivago", but is still a neat coincidence.)
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO