Author Topic: The June 29th Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 718 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The June 29th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: June 29, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
Whenever most fans discuss the initial Barnabas storyline, invariably references to how very different his character was in comparison to later storylines always seems to come up. But what I found most interesting while watching eps #264 and #1046 is that in one way he is in fact similar. In ep #1046, Barn is attempting to save the PT Collinses from the evils of Angelique, while in ep #264, responding to Roger's distress, Barn tries to get the upper hand with Jason to prevent his marriage to Liz. True, Barn is far from a good guy in ep #264 (and one could certainly argue that at no point in the series is he ever truly a "good guy"), but in what might be his first altruistic act in 1967, Barn actually attempts to do something for the good of the Collins family, and that act definitely foreshadows the direction the writers will continue to take Barn throughout the series.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The June 29th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:49:40 PM »
What a delightful set!  I particularly enjoyed the appearance of the immortal Thayer David in one of my favorite roles of his, the seedy, sleazy Tim Stokes.

The contrast between the two shots of Nancy at beginning and end of the series strike a poignant note...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: The June 29th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 10:16:37 PM »
The contrast between the two shots of Nancy at beginning and end of the series strike a poignant note...

Indeed they do. And I plan to get into that topic with tomorrow's episodes because they contain appearances by Nancy as early Carolyn, Charity Trask and Carolyn Loomis, and it was fascinating to watch the three all in one sitting.

(And we also know who else shows up tomorrow.  ;))