Author Topic: Fest 2005: Who's Going?  (Read 4990 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fest 2005: Who's Going?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 10:17:29 PM »
I will do that. But also Look for me and say hi. Here is a picture of me and a friend (I am on the right) ;)

Thanks LdyAnne for the heads up and picture. I'll do the same with my ID badge. I will hunt you down at the Fest. lol
Hopefully, I will see the other posters as well.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 10:28:23 PM »
Good to see this topic back. I would enjoy saying hello to other posters. I usually wear a white t-shirt with the Blue Whale (the Blue Whale in NC actually) on the back as well as a navy polo shirt I got from the old Griswold Inn aka the Collinsport Inn at the show at some point in the fest. I'll add "CyrusL" under my name on my badge. I'm usually found next to my wife whom I met at the '98 show in Vegas. My wife says I have an accent, but that's because she's from Maryland. I can't scan in a picture now as home pc is not working. (too bad I'm looking at a photo of Diane and I with Jonathan here at my desk taken at one of his Hofstra shows.)

I guess its one of those, you can tell you are a DS addict as you plan your vacation each year around the festival.  ;) Last year we went up to Boston and Salem after the show, and the year before the pilgrimmage to Newport, so there is a Dark Shadows theme to the travels.  This year, we are coming in early and leaving a few days later to catch Hollywood and all the places nearby. Anybody know how to get to where they filmed Planet of the Apes in Malibu?  ;D

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 11:20:23 PM »
Yes Michael it is good that this topic is back as it it is an important one for all of us posters here. Actually, thanks goes to Raineypark for reviving this topic. I am not sure if writing our posters' names on the badges will be sufficient as there will be perhaps a thousand people in attendance and my eyes are not in the best condition. lol Your description does help but you can't change your shirt. lol Surely there must be a better way for all of the posters here to meet each other?

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 06:58:18 AM »
Um, my poster name is my real name -- I don't think that's going to help.  LOL!  We should get, like, an official group t-shirt -- woo hoo! [blackbat]   ;D

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 08:00:09 AM »
Hey, all you Fest partiers!  Hope you have a great time and are all able to find each other.  Doesn't seem possible a year's gone by already.  [hdscrt]
Behave yourselves   >:D
And kiss the Q-Man for me.  (I'd do it myself, only I'm shy).   :-*

love
CLC

[wavey]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 09:45:13 PM »
Hey Connie  hope someone does kiss The Q-man for you and i!
                             Love Anne
:-* :P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005, 10:43:59 PM »
Um, my poster name is my real name -- I don't think that's going to help.  LOL!  We should get, like, an official group t-shirt -- woo hoo! [blackbat]   ;D

You are not the only MARY attending this Fest? lol  Group T shirt-would we have to wear the same shirt all three days? lol

Thanks Connie-wish you could make it.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 01:08:39 AM »
Thanks Connie-wish you could make it.

:)

[wavey]

:-*
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 07:20:18 AM »
You are not the only MARY attending this Fest? lol

Hey, tell it to Lara Parker whose real first name is Mary.  Ahem, cough, cough.  Ha! ;)

Group T shirt-would we have to wear the same shirt all three days? lol

Is that a problem -- after all, for example, Adam wore his green turtleneck a lot longer than that!!  LOL! ;D  Just kidding!!!  Okay, we need some sort of official group I.D. pin then. :D  (Maybe you could design it, Jimbo!  Hee hee!) 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005, 11:38:45 PM »
The Ventura County Star's Web site has a listing for the Fest in this week's Events section:

"Dark Shadows" Weekend, three-day fan convention for the 1966-71 television series about a 175-year-old vampire, July 29-July 31, Hollywood Renaissance Hotel (1-323-856-1200). Several of the show's stars are slated to appear, including David Selby, John Karlen, Nancy Barrett, Kathryn Leigh Scott and Lara Parker.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 12:15:32 AM »
The Ventura County Star's Web site has a listing for the Fest in this week's Events section:

Cool! Glad to see the fest made the papers - it never hurts to get the word out. My trip back to Collinwood started with an offhand remark by someone in a video store when the VHS tapes were just starting to come out.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 05:58:02 AM »
Regarding finding each other, watch the bulletin board near the registration area.  The SciFi board's PatrickM is seeing about reserving a conference room for his Central Florida Fan Club to meet up, and the past few times he has graciously invited our group too.  I hope to see some of you there.

If I can find a suitable place for us to visit with each other and meet up for a group photo, I'll also post a notice with time and place.  It probably will be for Saturday night following the Costume Gala.

I wish all of you traveling West a safe trip!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2005, 09:50:29 PM »
I'll be there.  My 5th time. Many thanks to Midnite for all the info.

I'm so excited about the tribute to Joan Bennett!  Looking forward to seeing and hearing June Lockhart. I remember her playing the mom on Lassie.   She also had a role in Meet Me In St. Louis (one of my top 10 faves of all times) and who can forget her from Lost In Space.

Glad I booked my hotel room early per advise from a DS friend!  I think the hotel might even be sold out.

Looking forward to seeing Kathy Cody and Jerry Lacy!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 07:46:17 PM »
Hi, Everybody:

I, too, had to pick one of two choices, both of which involved traveling to L.A., but at different times.  I just finished writing a book that will come out in October, and I knew I would have to go to L.A. in July to do some pre-publicity.  Unfortunately, I could not get my meetings and interviews to coincide with Fest week, so I spent last week soaking up the unseasonably hot and humid L.A. weather.  Now I'm back in Chicago, fondly remembering playing at the piano party in 2002 at the Anaheim Marriott -- what a fun night that was. 

No doubt those of you who can make it this time will have a blast.  If this is your first time, you'll be in for lots of fun surprises and wonderful cameraderie among the folks who post here.  You're in good hands with Midnite!

Ben

P.S.  In case you're wondering, the title of my book is "Inventing Late Night: Steve Allen and the Original Tonight Show" (Prometheus Books, release date Oct. 1, 2005).  Foreword by Jay Leno.  It's already listed on the Amazon and Barnes & Noble websites.  For those of you in Southern California, Jayne Meadows (Allen's widow) and I taped an interview with talk show host/columnist Arlene Peck that will air some time in October on one of your local cable stations.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 05:18:18 AM »
Congrats on the book Ben! [hello] [cheerleader]  You'll have to post and let us know when the interview will be happening.