Author Topic: Roger Davis on Alias Smith and Jones  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Roger Davis on Alias Smith and Jones
« on: June 07, 2005, 07:33:08 PM »
Today (June 7th) Roger Davis guest-stars on "Alias Smith and Jones" on the Encore/Western channel at 5:00 EST. I don't think there are alot of RD fans here but this is really a good episode of AS&J and Roger is excellent in the role of a villain. 8)
MM

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Davis on Alias Smith and Jones
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 08:50:21 PM »
Thanks!  I haven't seen it, but I understand that ep is popular among AS&J fans because of Roger's performance.

A biography of the show is coming out next month (July, 2005).  It's supposed to have rare photos, interviews with the actors, etc.  It can be ordered here--
Alias Smith and Jones:  The Story of Two Pretty Good Bad Men

(RD also narrated the opening credits until 1972 when he assumed the role of Hannibal Heyes, alias Joshua Smith, after Pete Duel's death.)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 09:04:56 PM »
Also, I forgot to add, the episode will be repeated at 2:10 AM tonight (the morning of June 8th). 8)
MM

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:17:16 PM »
I don't think there are alot of RD fans here but this is really a good episode of AS&J and Roger is excellent in the role of a villain. 8)

Let me go on record as saying I have always found Roger on a person to person basis as being quite amicable at the shows. I have talked to him several times and enjoyed his unique style. But as my photo captions show, I share a somewhat twisted since of humor with him. I got quite a laugh when Chris Pennock was reading one of his comic books, and Roger quipped to those around him, "Is he gonna read that whole thing?" (And my wife and I LOVE Chris's comics!)The only thing I wish he wouldn't do so often is answer questions directed to other panelists.

Like salt and vinegar pork rinds, Roger is not to everyone's taste. As a actor, I , uh, I uh, uh love his bloopers and couldn't imagine DS without him. ::)

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul