Author Topic: OT: Innocents on DVD  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
OT: Innocents on DVD
« on: May 25, 2005, 09:33:55 PM »
Someone on one of my other listservs posted about a release of The Innocents on DVD. It's about time :)

http://umbrellaentertainment.com.au/Item.php?CatNo=DAVID0583
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Innocents on DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:44:28 PM »
This is an Australian PAL disc...If you order it, make sure you have a player that can convert PAL to NTSC...and if you don't know what that means, than you probably don't have that kind of player...

Also a bit odd is the aspect ratio. It's being presented cropped to 1.77 instead of its original 2.35 CinemaScope ratio. DP Freddie Francis' exquisite compositions are essential to this film and will badly suffer from any cropping.

Just an FYI.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:53:22 AM »
I just happened to catch this movie tonight on AMC as I was getting ready for bed. I came in at the scene where the Governess tells Flora that they can pretend it's her birthday. Up now, too enthralled. I've already purchased the DVD.

Like the Haunting, this is a fantastic ghost movie that shows barely anything, but manages to be spooky to the extreme. Can anyone reccomend any other movies along these lines?

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »
Like the Haunting, this is a fantastic ghost movie that shows barely anything, but manages to be spooky to the extreme. Can anyone reccomend any other movies along these lines?

Yes - THE UNINVITED ('44)

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 09:29:55 PM »
Yes - THE UNINVITED ('44)

I LOVE that movie! Don't own it yet, I wonder if I should hold out for a DVD. Has it been released in any other region? Anyone know?

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 05:46:02 AM »
I LOVE that movie! Don't own it yet, I wonder if I should hold out for a DVD. Has it been released in any other region? Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been released in any region yet, butI think a DVD release is inevitable, I'd hold out
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey