Author Topic: "Potential new DS movie"  (Read 8792 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
"Potential new DS movie"
« on: May 06, 2005, 12:00:21 AM »
I just received in the mail today the 2005 DS Festival membership application and it reflects that a potential new DS movie and other projects are being planned. I have not been at the board recently but has anyone heard anything about this?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: "Potential new DS movie"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 03:19:51 PM »
We have heard nothing here, so far as I am aware.  I, for one, have learnt to take what is printed in those announcement brochures with a couple good shakes of salt.

Vengeance at Collinwood sounds like it'll be fun.  I wonder whether Jamison Selby is doing the script?

G.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »
Vengeance at Collinwood sounds like it'll be fun.  I wonder whether Jamison Selby is doing the script?

I'm doing it.  It's about Julia finally getting back at Barnabas for never "giving her any" and always taking her for granted.
 ::)

No seriously....I didn't notice anything in that announcement.  Maybe I didn't get the same mailing as others (?).
(Yeah - mine said "Don't Come!")  heh heh

8)
Sorry....I'll get lost.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 09:36:09 PM »
We have heard nothing here, so far as I am aware.  I, for one, have learnt to take what is printed in those announcement brochures with a couple good shakes of salt.

I know what you mean. It seems every year there is a "proposed" DS series or movie although we came soooo close with the WB proposed TV series. So who knows but I feel in my bones something actually may be happening. To answer Connie's question, the announcement about the potential DS movie can be found on the membership application page (received in the mail) directly below where it says 2005 Dark Shadows Official Fan Club Update.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 09:51:59 PM »
Oh yeah!  I found it!
Whoa....I wonder what THAT means!

Rather cryptic.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 11:23:50 PM »
Oh yeah!  I found it!
Whoa....I wonder what THAT means! 

Rather cryptic.

I like the "cryptic" tag.
I don't know if the "potential" DS movie statement falls under the 'a new DS movie/series is always in development' context or if the DS producers are shopping a new script to the movie studios. The language is indeed cryptic; intentionally of course. lol

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 03:31:42 AM »

I got the mailing today.  A DS movie could be really cool if handled by people who would understand the series and the characters.  I'm leaning toward Tim Burton, if he does it seriously.

Hopefully they'll announce something soon.

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 06:50:19 AM »
I don't know if the "potential" DS movie statement falls under the 'a new DS movie/series is always in development' context or if the DS producers are shopping a new script to the movie studios. The language is indeed cryptic; intentionally of course. lol

Well, there are peoples on here who know some peoples, who could find out from some peoples....(yeah - that's what it was).  lol   ....find out what that statement is supposed to mean exactly.

[hdscrt]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 12:39:24 PM »
Well, there are peoples on here who know some peoples, who could find out from some peoples....(yeah - that's what it was).  lol   ....find out what that statement is supposed to mean exactly.

That is true but these peoples probably are not permitted by the other peoples  to say anything to us about the potential new DS Movie to us peoples. lol
I was just thinking-another scary thought, why Shadowgram did not report same in its last recent email update which would have been more current than the mailings we received? I mean is it possible that the Dark Shadows Festival would intentionally withhold information from Shadowgram? Obviously they may have different sources of information but you would think it would be shared for the benefit of its fans?? ?? ?

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »
A piece of friendly advice...

If any future project regarding "Dark Shadows" gets to a stage worthy of discussion, chances are the DS Festival won't be the first place you hear about it.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 09:32:50 PM »
A piece of friendly advice...

If any future project regarding "Dark Shadows" gets to a stage worthy of discussion, chances are the DS Festival won't be the first place you hear about it.

Well, that certainly makes sense.
I'm settling for the scenario of whoever typed up that Fest flyer may have had a few martinis beforehand.  LOL  [sure]  ...ahem
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 09:41:08 PM »
Yeah Stuart, I was afraid of that. Just wish they would not tease us like that. Haven't we been tortured enough through the years?
Maybe Connie is right too. lol

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 10:15:55 PM »
Haven't we been tortured enough through the years?

You've been TORTURED??   :o
Aw....don't say that.  This notion pains me to no end.  lol

[wavey]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 10:25:17 PM »
Haven't we been tortured enough through the years?
You've been TORTURED??   :o
Aw....don't say that.  This notion pains me to no end.  lol

Yes Tortured! LOL Still have not gotten over the WB fiasco and past proposed new DS projects. Oh, the many proposed ones. lol
Actually I owe an apology to the Fest. I just remembered that it was their website who first announced the news that the WB had ordered filming of the DS pilot. So there may be some truth to what they now claim but I will take Stuart's advice and hope for something more concrete.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 10:35:20 PM »
Just to give another perspective--and this is certainly not directed against the many fans who love the idea of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp doing Dark Shadows--in my opinion, neither the director nor the star would be right for a new incarnation of the series.

I have no idea who to suggest.  It would be great to bring in some fresh faces from the NYC theatre world as was done the first time around.

When I think of a new version of DS I would actually enjoy watching (and believe me, it's quite a stretch to think of it at all for me since I do NOT like remakes), I think more along the lines of Gosford Park than the Burton/Depp Sleepy Hollow.

G.