Author Topic: DS Fest 2005 Registration  (Read 4587 times)

ClaudeNorth

DS Fest 2005 Registration
« on: April 11, 2005, 09:49:40 PM »
Registration for this year's Fest has begun.  If you go to http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com , scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Next" arrow, it will take you to the 2005 Fest info page, which includes a link to the order form.

On that note, who is planning to attend this year's Fest?  I'm planning to be there, but then again, I plan to go every year but I don't always make it.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS Fest 2005 Registration
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 10:01:36 PM »
Don't I wish I could go...unfortunately, though, as a college student I should really spend this summer working and earning some money...:( I'll expect pictures though. :)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 10:31:01 PM »
I'll be missing this year's Fest as well.... :'( 
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:49:11 PM »
I'll be there!  I'm looking forward to showing my hubby around LA and doing the obligitory trip to David Janssen's star in honor of my dad. :-)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 01:46:10 AM »
Thank you so much for the registration alert, Claude!  My friends and I have been wondering when this information would be released.  I will definitely be at the Fest this year and I hope to see many other cousins there too!  :)

ProfStokes

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 08:11:04 AM »
I'll be there.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 09:59:45 PM »
 [walk] My wife Diane and I plan on being there, not only are we dedicated DS fans, but also fans of Smallville so we look forward to the trip to Greystone which was both Collinwood '91 and the Luthor Mansion on Smallville.

We are both excited about the addition of many guests, especially Jerry Lacey, whom we haven't met although we've been going for the last 6 years togther.

This year is also Disneyland's 50th anniversary, I hope the hotel has a shuttle trip. And as this is only my third ever trip to California (the first since they added the new syllable  ;) . I want to visit one of the great Hollywood cemetaries, such as where Marilyn Monroe or Valentino is laid to rest.  If anyone hasn't been over to Lugosi's resting place at Holy Cross, its a beautiful place, we caught it on our first trip. This year is gonna be great!   [banana]

Michael [occasion17]

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 02:23:10 AM »
I'll be there!!  :D  I sent in my Registration yesterday!   ;)  I paid $95 for everything - Fest, Banquet, and Mansion Trip.   8)  I can't wait!!  ;D

----- Sally ----- 
[/color]
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 04:21:42 AM »
I am heading west to! Can't wait but not doing the bus trip. I learned my leason on the trip to Newport in 2003!
I am going to Disneyland too can't miss the Mouse 50 (actually Mickie is much older than that but....)
Hope to see all my friends there!

LdyAnne

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 07:15:48 AM »
I'm going too!  Was just reading the Shadowgram email I received a few minutes ago -- "New Dark Shadows Television Pilot Premiere?!"  Are we actually going to get to see the whole WB pilot this time???!!  How cool!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 06:31:18 AM »
I'll be there!!  :D  I sent in my Registration yesterday!   ;)  I paid $95 for everything - Fest, Banquet, and Mansion Trip.   8)  I can't wait!!

Sally, and anyone else who has already paid for their banquet ticket--

Note that the banquet rate was incorrectly listed on the form as $50; it should have read $55.  ::)  The total for the bus trip, 2-for-1 Fest admission, and banquet is $100.

I am heading west to! Can't wait but not doing the bus trip. I learned my leason on the trip to Newport in 2003!

I've never done a Fest bus trip, but $15 seems a bit much for a 10 minute drive to Greystone, even with the craziness that is our current gas prices.  If you have access to a car, it's an easy drive even if you're not used to getting around L.A.-- the hotel is on Highland Blvd.; make a right from the front of the hotel and go 4 blocks south on Highland to Sunset Blvd. and turn right.  Continue on Sunset into the 90210 area code (the Hills of Beverly :)), ignoring [big] Doheny DRIVE completely, and look for Sunset to fork into Doheny ROAD, which continues west, or Sunset Blvd. to the southwest, and take little Doheny Rd. for another 5 blocks until you come to Loma Vista Drive.  Turn Right on Loma Vista and the Park entrance will quickly appear on your left.  The gate opens at 10 a.m., and there's *free* parking at the top of the wind-y road.  (Can you say "bleeder valve"?)  Then follow the others to find your way down winding paths to the house, but if you're feeling adventurous you really don't need the Fest group.  It's a public park and the house is closed anyway, so the best you can do is peer into the windows, and there's a ranger if you have a problem finding the house.  Hmm, I hope Pierson will call ahead to make sure there won't be any filming at the mansion that day.

Bring a picnic lunch if you'd like, some sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and enjoy.  On a clear day (ha!), you'll have a view of the city.  :D

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 06:56:40 AM »

Note that the banquet rate was incorrectly listed on the form as $50; it should have read $55.  ::)  The total for the bus trip, 2-for-1 Fest admission, and banquet is $100.

Any idea what we should do/who we should contact if we already paid the "incorrect" price?  I once had pansyfaye's e-mail, but I can't find it now.

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 07:06:37 AM »
Any idea what we should do/who we should contact if we already paid the "incorrect" price?  I once had pansyfaye's e-mail, but I can't find it now.

Ack, I wish I knew what to tell you.  Her address is pansyfaye@darkshadowsfestival.com.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 08:12:13 AM »
Thanks for the info, Midnight. [thumb]    Gee, I should have researched about Greystone Mansion BEFORE I ordered the ticket!!  [6184] I did NOT know it was FREE - and you can't see the inside of the house, anyway!  $15 does seem to be a pretty steep price for the bus trip, especially since I will have my own car.

I will e-mail Pansyfaye tonight (actually, this morning, now).  [winkg] I need to pay the CORRECT amount for the Banquet.  I will ask Pansyfaye if I can CANCEL the Greystone Mansion trip, apply $5 towards the Banquet, and get a refund for the remaining $10.  [ideag]  Wish me luck!!  [gring]

By the way, this is my 100th post!!!  Hooray!!   [cheesyg]   [cheer]   [clap]
----- Sally -----
[/color]
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 02:33:32 PM »

Let me see if I can save everyone some trouble.  :)

The $50 banquet price was previously listed on the membership form that was posted on the Fest site. Based on an email exchange with pansyfaye involving someone who offered to send a check to pay the difference, it appears that anyone who submitted that erroneous form with payment has nothing to be concerned about. No additional payment is necessary. However, from here on out, they will only be accepting the newest version of the registration form that lists the $55 price. So anyone who registered early got a little discount.  ;)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)