Author Topic: Jewelry Part of the Plot  (Read 2142 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Jewelry Part of the Plot
« on: April 03, 2002, 03:08:23 AM »
Seeing Josette with that ring made me recall other times in the DS Series when a piece of jewelry was important to the plot or storyline. Let's see how many you can remember.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Jewelry Part of the Plot
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 03:17:17 AM »
Of course there is the case full of jewlery which was sealed in the basement wall, (Naomi's I think).

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 03:22:51 AM »
Naomi's necklace: This is what Willie was actually after when he accidentally discovered the secret mausoleum room. He had seen her wearing it in a book, and Mrs. Johnson filled his head with tales of a pirate having given it to her.

Josette's Earrings: Willie stole them from the hidden cache of jewels which Barnabas kept hidden - strangely enough - in the wall of his dungeon cell. Willie gave the earrings to Maggie anonymously. Joe was peeved.

Elizabeth's broach: Willie stole it from her, but Jason retrieved it and gave it back to her.

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 03:27:56 AM »
Julia's ring: in 1840 it saved her life when Barnabas saw it on the finger of Laszlo.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline shadows1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 04:25:08 AM »
Maggie's ring:  After Maggie was kidnapped by Barnabus in the previous storyline, he stashed it in a candleholder in Willie's room so that the sherriff and Sam could find it, seemingly establishing that Willie had been the stalker/kidnapper.  
  Possible spoiler, but I've got to ask, after Willie was shot so many times outside Maggie's bedroom, and we saw him clinging to dear life in the hospital, were we to assume that he recovered and went to prison?  

Offline shadows1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 05:06:25 AM »
Julia's alleged heirloom pendant:  She used it on Maggie to make her forget about being kidnapped once Maggie's memory started to return.  Julia also used it unsuccessfully on David to keep him from snooping around the old house and from finding out the truth about Barnabus.  

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2002, 05:14:47 AM »
Spoiler....Spoiler.....Spoiler.....Spoiler.....!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yes, they patched poor Willie up and sent him off to Windcliffe (a conveniently located mental asylum) for some attitude adjustment. [crazd]

Prison would have been too complicated...how could they explain the release of a kidnapper after so short a period of time?  

On the other hand, letting a CRAZY kidnapper out of a madhouse....why no one would question that at all! [twch2]

And just like everybody else who ever worked on this show 'He'll be baaaaack!'

Raineypark, who already has May 14th circled on her calendar!!  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline shadows1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2002, 05:21:25 AM »
Thanks, Raineypark.  It all makes sense now.  LOL

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2002, 05:26:18 AM »
You're very welcome Shadows1....though I never thought I'd see the sentence "It all makes sense now" used in relation to ANYTHING having to do with Dark Shadows!! LOL [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2002, 08:05:33 AM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Beth Chavez's ghost led Barnabas to discover the pentagram necklace buried with the child.

In 1897, Count Petofi gives Quentin a ring that later allows him to switch bodies with him.

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2002, 10:30:08 AM »
How can all forget that big clunky medallion that Angelique gave Barnabas to wear during the duel with Jerimiah?  ::)                                                                                                                                                                SPOILER.......SPOILER......SPOILER........SPOILER........!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Cassandra kept the poisen hidden in her ring that she used to give her then "husband" a nice long nap.                                                                                                                                                                              During the Adam storyline, Professor Stokes gave Barnabas an amulet that protected against witchcraft. Barnabas then gave the amulet to Dr. Lang to use for his own protection against witches.                                                                                                                                                                       Magda used a five point medallion to ward off being attacked by the werewolf during 1897.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2002, 01:54:34 PM »
There was Victoria Winter's charm bracelet. Also, there was that watch fob that Angelique used to try and identify if Gerard was possessed by Judah Zachery.

Isn't there a piece of jewelry used when Angelique threatens Quentin in 1897 to return with her to Collinwood instead of leaving to meet Amanda Harris at the train station?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2002, 05:27:28 PM »
Based on the way Magda clinked and clanked I would say Grayson pretty much cleaned out the DS costume jewelry stash just about every day during that storyline.  Our favorite gypsy queen probably had about 40 pounds of miscellaneous pieces jangling around at any given time! [king]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2002, 10:03:30 PM »
Based on the way Magda clinked and clanked I would say Grayson pretty much cleaned out the DS costume jewelry stash just about every day during that storyline.  Our favorite gypsy queen probably had about 40 pounds of miscellaneous pieces jangling around at any given time! [king]

Maybe Magda (Grayson) was Mr. T's inspiration??
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2002, 10:20:56 PM »
Julia's ring: in 1840 it saved her life when Barnabas saw it on the finger of Laszlo.

Bette

You're right Bette any normal thief would have hide it but not our Laszlo!!! He was a hoot!

jennifer
Didn't Bruno have some necklace he wore?

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV