Author Topic: Dark Shadows Rebelling  (Read 1623 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Rebelling
« on: April 02, 2002, 10:07:56 PM »
I was all set, my house almost clean, my cup of tea ready, and what happens...?  DS was on for about 3 minutes, Joshua, Natalie and Suki (thats a unusal name) are in the drawingroom and it just stopped.  There they are, suspended in mind air, and then the screen goes blank.  I thought, has the cable gone out?  But it was a beautiful day, and, besides, the other channels were on.  

Now I know why DS refused to go on today...they were rebelling.  This is the day they were stopped, and Password (uck) had took its place.  The Sci-Fi channel was back on with Forever Knight at 11:10.  11:10 was the time I went back to Sci-Fi, it could have started a few minutes faster, but the main thing was, DS was not on for a hour.

Way to go Dark Shadow...Refuse to go on.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Rebelling
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2002, 10:22:19 PM »
WHAT![jawdrp] Do you mean SciFi did a time flip today and now, in order to view these eps I'm actually going to have to pull my amoire away from the wall in order to retrieve my old tapes (and if you could see all the stuff piled on top you would not wonder why I dread this [pissd])?  I am going to CRY!  :'(
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 12:56:44 AM »
GEE DS was on here on our Sci-Fi station the whole duration.  ForEver Night came on right after the second episode.   STRAnge happenings!  :o
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 01:04:39 AM »
I was all set, my house almost clean, my cup of tea ready, and what happens...?  DS was on for about 3 minutes, Joshua, Natalie and Suki (thats a unusal name) are in the drawingroom and it just stopped.  There they are, suspended in mind air, and then the screen goes blank.  I thought, has the cable gone out?  But it was a beautiful day, and, besides, the other channels were on.  

Now I know why DS refused to go on today...they were rebelling.  This is the day they were stopped, and Password (uck) had took its place.  The Sci-Fi channel was back on with Forever Knight at 11:10.  11:10 was the time I went back to Sci-Fi, it could have started a few minutes faster, but the main thing was, DS was not on for a hour.

Way to go Dark Shadow...Refuse to go on.

Did it ever come back on Terry? i didn't watch today because I was listening to sports radio and now will have to do what CastleBee has to do and search for my tape!
:o
jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 04:32:39 AM »
DARK SHADOWS left the air on this day 30 years ago today.  I was 16.  I was miserable.  I couldn't believe it when I tuned in on Monday, praying it was all a bad dream, and found Password in its place.  I have NEVER been able to watch Password since!  If I happen to run across it on the Game Channel, I immediately turn it off.  

Here's to DARK SHADOWS, which will never die as long as we're here to keep it alive.

Love, Robin  

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 05:23:19 AM »
I too saw the whole hour of DS today.  I have SciFi on Direct TV.  There must have been an anomoly someplace.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2002, 06:44:02 AM »
Could it be something in your time zone?  I'm in the East and we had the full hour with Knight coming on afterwards, as listed.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2002, 11:03:13 AM »
Terry, I had the full show airing here today. It could have been a problem with your outside cable or something. If you don't own any of the MPI tapes, you can always view Robin's wonderful Robservations in the group to see what you missed.  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Nancy

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2002, 02:59:42 PM »
Terry, I had the full show airing here today. It could have been a problem with your outside cable or something. If you don't own any of the MPI tapes, you can always view Robin's wonderful Robservations in the group to see what you missed.  :)

It aired here too without any problems (unless you were Suki Forbes, anyway).

Nancy

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2002, 07:52:44 PM »
::) I live in the East, so I know that none of you, who live in the east, had a problem.  So I'm thinking, maybe it's local. I call up my cable company (Time Warner), and asked them about what had happened yesterday at about 10:00 in the morning.  

There was an accident and it had taken them almost an to get everything going again.  

An accident?...sure, I belive that....but still, it's kind of weird.....................
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline AdAstra

• Junior Poster
  • Shadows of the night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 08:01:04 PM »
What's going on?  Are you saying you saw a bit of Dark Shadows on Sci Fi even though it's been taken off the air?  Hrmmm???  Bizarro.  Hehe, maybe someone was asleep on the job...or better yet, one of the employees working for sci fi is a die hard DS fan and tried to overthrow the station.  LOL.
Mel

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 09:32:03 PM »
What's going on?  Are you saying you saw a bit of Dark Shadows on Sci Fi even though it's been taken off the air?  Hrmmm???

AdAstra, the newest topics are on the Current Talk board.  That's not to discourage you, however, because you're absolutely welcome to post in archived boards.  Sorry you got your hopes up about our show airing.

Offline AdAstra

• Junior Poster
  • Shadows of the night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 05:28:22 PM »
Yeah, I don't know how I happened to get there...don't ask.   ::)