Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS HISTORY  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DARK SHADOWS HISTORY
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2002, 05:27:36 AM »
I was in a meeting with Disney World Management today when someone asked what the date was for their notes.  When another person said "April 2," I almost blurted out that "Dark Shadows aired its final episode on ABC 31 years ago."  LOL.  Guess my mind has kept that date active all these years:  I was in the 8th grade (as someone on this post was) and could not believe it was really ending.  (I even was naive enough to think that we'd get an announcement on Thursday, April 1. . .well, you know what I mean.)  My sole connection with DS for the next 17 years was an audio cassette of the last 4 shows (which I still have).

Thank goodness for MPI and MGM Home Video.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2002, 06:13:21 AM »
I never dreamed that I would be hooked again on DS in my 40's.  If someone ten years ago told me I would have gone to a fest I would have thought they were on crack. Than again two years ago was the first time I had seen DS since the late 60's early 70's.  It has been so much fun.  Just never saw this side of my personality before.lol

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2002, 06:46:30 AM »

I don't remember it going off the air.  I only could watch DS on holidays and vacations b/c when it aired, I was just leaving school and rode the bus home, and never made it home on time to watch.  Sooooo, I didn't know it had gone off until I went to watch on a non school weekday and was like..."When did this happen...I don't understand!"  Little did I know that as an adult ::) I'd be up to my neck in DS talk and meeting people from all over who have quickly become some of my best friends ever![beer]

As far as weather goes....I'm sure Kuanyin and Renee would agree with me that we are happy that the chance of ice storms is well gone until next winter!
OK, maybe I should wait until July to say that....don't wanna jinx the karma![heh]

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2002, 04:10:38 PM »

"When did this happen...I don't understand!"  

Minja, that's just what I thought in 1999, when I first saw the early relationship between Barnabas and Julia.  Because I didn't start watching DS until '69 (when B & J were more or less established allies), I had no clue that their initial encounters were so adversarial and -- WORSE YET -- that Julia was secretly pining for Barn.  :o

Ben
(feeling like Vicki every time I think of this)  ?!?