Author Topic: DS Cancelled!  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS Cancelled!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 04:21:41 AM »
I've shared these memories before, but why not again:  I, too, read about the impending cancellation in TV Guide, in the "yellow pages" as noted earlier--specifically those about New York shows.  I recall that I knew about it maybe a month before the end date on April 2, 1971 (34 years ago this week!)  On the Thursday April 1st episode there was a possession (I won't say to whom by whom so as not spoil it for the younger folks on the board who may not know the ending yet) and remember going into the kitchen and telling my Mom that I didn't know how the show could end because ****** was just possessed (and on DS possessions lasted FOREVER  ;)), and so it must be an April Fool's joke on us.  LOL.  Of course, it did end. . . :'(

It wasn't until the mid 70s that I saw some episodes on PBS, but by then I was in college and had no time for that "old show" from from youth.  Then, sometime early in the 80s, I saw some episodes of the show on Channel 9 out of Cincy (I was in Dayton, OH, at the time) on my little B&W 13" TV (I had just started teaching and had NO money to spend on such things as a color TV--and cable was still in the future for us in Dayton.)

Then in the late 80s, I came across Kathy Resch's TWODS and Concordances, and Marcy Robins SHADOWGRAM, and the MPI home videos--and the rest is history.   :D  Bless Kathy and Marcy for "keeping the dream alive," and re-igniting my interest.

Brian