Author Topic: Want to see the DS films on DVD? Click here! Warner Video chat at HTF!  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The Home Theater Forum has announced its near-annual Warner Home Video Online Chat for next Tuesday, March 29th at

5-8PM PST and 8-11PM EST.

http://hometheaterforum.com/files/whvchat.html

In attendance will be the bigwig for the Classic film catalog, Senior VP George Feltenstein, who is a strong, vocal supporter of the classic library and classic musicals (bought a recent beautifully restored MGM musical or Warner classic and you can bet Feltenstein was behind it.) but not much interest in horror or science fiction.

These chats are highly informative, entertaining and can be very influential on the home video division.

It's important to show a continuing interest in them restoring and releasing NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS on DVD and releasing HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS as well.

Any respectful, enthusiastic and polite sign of support or interest in the title and particularly the restoration will be of tremendous importance.

The TV Home video people will be there as well, so you might request they release the 2005 series Pilot on DVD as well, if that interests you¢â‚¬¦

You have to register to join the chat, but it's fairly simple.

We've had some terrific and much appreciated support in the past for previous chats and I'm hoping we'll get the same this year. The transcript of the chat is posted on the site days later and is read by members for months and months. A very important record of interest¢â‚¬¦

Hope to see you there!

Darren

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Oh dear.  I am hopeless with chats.

I really do hope some of the more technically savvy folks here (with better connections) can get into the room and make our voices heard!

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I'll definitely try to make every effort to attend.  :)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Just a note that I sincerely hope that all the folks who were wringing their paws in a recent topic on the purported "death of Dark Shadows" will try to attend this chat--a high profile DVD restoration and release of the DS movies would be great publicity for "the franchise" as we seem to be calling it now (that word still makes me think of overcooked greasy french fries).

G.

ClaudeNorth

Mmmmm...french fries...

I'm planning to be there as well...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Claude, my Champion!  tell those wretches we want MORE Grayson Hall movies on DVD, NOW!

xo, Gothele

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Provided the clients have not gone wonky that day, I'll try to make it.

luv, victoriawinters

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Okay, with only two days left before the chat, I wanted to offer a couple of posting tips...

If someone makes a post inquiring about both films during the chat, then don't feel obligated to stay or mention it again, but if you do, it'd probably be best to ask about some other title you're interested in from the Warner library (remember everything MGM pre 1986 and all Warner library titles, so everything from King's Row to Night of the Lepus, Night of the Iguana and Tick tick tick...are held by them...) while tossing in some comment like, 'and I'd also definitely be interested in DVD releases of the Dark Shadows films as well.' or 'add me to the list of people interested in the DS films on DVD...'

But word it however you wish!

Also, don't mention anything about the needed audio dubbng work or soundtrack work...but mentioning interest in a RESTORED 'NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS' release is definitely encouraged.

Well, that's enough from me. I hope to see you on Tuesday. Thanks and Good luck all!

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Today's the day, folks!

best of luck,
DG

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
As I'm typing this, the chat is going on.  I'm there, and so is Darren.  AND WHERE THE HECK ARE THE OTHER DS FANS???  Don't you want NODS restored????

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Want to see the DS films on DVD? Click here! Warner Video chat at HTF!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 05:00:33 AM »
Thanks to all who showed up and tried to post. It was a particularly lousy chat this year, with terse unexciting answers, and no queries about the films. A couple interesting upcoming titles but a total waste of time, frankly.

I appreciate the effort, though.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 05:44:55 AM »
I was there for awhile but couldn't hang around to wait for my turn.  The family natives were restless for their dinner.  [pork]

It was a very difficult chat room with everyone's coming and goings.  If there was a conversation, it was difficult to follow.   Some statements and questions got cut off.  Perhaps next year, they'll let us pre-send our questions.

It was nice to see you Darren.  At least we got to PM.  That was the fun part.  ;D

luv, victoriawinters

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 10:42:16 PM »
Well, we did find out that NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is coming to DVD in 2006, so it wasn't a complete waste of time...at least for us Graysonphiles... ;)

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 11:16:51 PM »
Well, we did find out that NIGHT OF THE IGUANA is coming to DVD in 2006, so it wasn't a complete waste of time...at least for us Graysonphiles... ;)

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been waiting rather impatiently for this movie to appear on DVD.

[cheer]

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 04:51:32 AM »
I was there and tried to get in the magic 7 but was never fast enough to make it.
You might not have known it was me as I used my real name.
Sorry Darren I didn't get a chance to speak out for our movies.
LdyAnne